Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. "Take your son, your only son, whom you love, and go to the region of Moriah." Tell the story.
2. What were Pharaoh's dreams and what was Joseph's interpretation? Tell the whole story.
3. Give an account of our Lord's Last Supper with His disciples.
Write 4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Describe your favorite scene or character from the Shakespeare play you read this term.
2. In your own words, write about one of the following: Return of Ulysses, Scylla and the Charbdis, or Aeneas.
3. Tell about the evening before Bilbo left on his journey.
1. Underline every adjective, and circle the adverb in the following: a. He had a ring, a golden ring, a precious ring.
b. It did not sound like goblins; so he crept forward carefully.
c. Then warning trumpets were suddenly sounded, and echoed along the rocky shores.
d. He peeped timidly through and caught a glimpse of great passages and of the dim beginnings of wide stairs going up into the gloom.
2. Tell whether the italicized word is a noun, pronoun, verb, adverb or adjective.
Its bed is left a faded paper sheet
Of dead leaves stuck together by the heat--
A brook to none but who remember long.
This as it will be seen is other far
Than with brooks taken otherwhere in song.
We love the things we love for what they are.
3. Write two sentences that each use a pronoun, an adverb and two adjectives.
1. Tell what you know about the Great Depression.
2. Give an account of John F. Kennedy.
3. What do you know about Martin Luther King Jr's role in the Civil Rights movement?
1. Tell what you know about the Holocaust.
2. Tell what you know of Albert Einstein. Or, Give some account of Winston Churchill.
3. List the Allies and Axis powers in World War II.
4. Explain and describe the Cold War.
1. Talk about some of the dangers Livingstone encountered in Africa.
2. Decribe Livingstone's walk across the Kalahari Desert. Or, Describe in detail one natural feature or one people group encountered by Livingstone in Africa.
3. Name five ways we use animals.
Natural History and General Science
1. Describe at least one of Kepler's Laws of Planetary Motion, or, How did Herschel discover the existence of infrared light?
2. Give two reasons why "it couldn't just happen."
3. Tell all you know about partridges.
4. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If 50 percent of a number is 20, what is 75 percent of the number?
2. 7/9 x 2/9 = __
3. If you have $40.00 to buy CD's and one CD costs $12.60, what is the greatest number of CD's you can buy?
1. Tell about what you hope to be doing next week, and with whom.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2013 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.