Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation? Tell me, if you understand." Give three examples of God's mighty power.
2. Describe the institution of the Passover and its meaning.
3. Describe the coming of the Holy Spirit.
Write 4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell about the Phoenix or the Unicorn.
2. Based on Sandburg's poem, what do you think Chicago is like?
3. Describe Bilbo's journey back home.
1. Underline every adjective, circle the adverb, and put brackets around prepositions in the following:
a. Then suddenly a great light appeared in the low place in the hills and the northern end of the lake turned golden.
b. They climbed in or out with ladders, and hauled stuff up with ropes.
c. As Archimedes resignedly stepped down into the tub and lowered himself into the water, some of it sloshed out onto the floor.
d. With his robes flapping and his beard blowing in the wind, Archimedes was everywhere about the city, placing the machines.
2. Tell whether the italicized word is a noun, pronoun, verb, adverb, adjective or preposition.
I wish I had time to tell you even a few of the tales or one or two of the songs that they heard in that house. All of them, the ponies as well, grew refreshed and strong in a few days there. Their clothes were mended as well as their bruises, their tempers and their hopes. Their bags were filled with food and provisions light to carry but strong to bring them over the mountain passes. Their plans were improved with the best advice.
3. Write two sentences that use an adverb, an adjective and a preposition.
1. Tell what you can about Octavian.
2. What do you know about the Julian Calendar, Herod, or the siege of Jerusalem?
3. Tell the story of Antony and Cleopatra, or Herod and Miriamne
4. Tell the Story of Aeneas.
5. Tell about Spartan training, or Olympic games.
6. Tell about the Age of Pericles, Alcibiades or Alexander.
1. Describe Udapair or Madura.
2. Tell all you know about the Taj Majal. Where is it?
3. List five things that are mined from the earth.
Natural History and General Science
1. Discuss in detail one of Archimedes' discoveries.
2. Discuss the change of seasons on the surface of the sea. Or, give examples of two evidences of design in the universe.
3. What do you know about "phlogiston"?
4. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here.
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. What is 60 percent of 30?
2. The original price of a bicycle is $138.00. If the bicycle is marked down 15 percent, what is the sale price?
3. What is the product of 2/5 and 4/5?
1. Tell about a place you'd like to visit, and what you'd like to do there.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2013 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.