1. Give examples of some rival conceptions of God. Or, discuss the three parts of morality.
2. What blessings and/or curses did God promise Israel as they entered the land? Or, Tell about the treaty with the Gibeonites.
3. "The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner." Explain the meaning.
4. "And, behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emmaus. . ." Tell the story.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. What were "Moralities"? Give an account of Everyman.
2. What do you know about the first theaters?
3. Describe a scene from Westward Ho! or I Promessi Sposi.
1. Write a sentence using three adjectives.
2. Choose "him" or "he." The winner of the election is __.
3. Write sentences showing correct use of "threw" and "through."
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words: Old Stow House stands, or rather stood, some four miles beyond the Cornish border, on the northern slope of the largest and loveliest of those combes of which I spoke in the last chapter.
1. Give a sketch of Luther's career and of the Diet at Worms.
2. Explain the disagreement between King Henry VIII and Sir Thomas More, and tell how it ended.
3. Give an account of Cardinal Wolsey.
4. Describe the reign of Queen Mary.
5. What do you know about the Spanish Armada?
6. Name seven famous men of the days of "Great Elizabeth." Say something about two of them.
1 Sketch a map of Great Britain, putting in boundaries, towns and chief physical features, and describe two places you would like to visit.
2. What are floes? Or, What do you know about Angatau?
3. Describe Newfoundland. (Brendan Voyage ch 13) Or, Describe a Polynesian Island.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Tell something interesting you know about spiders, or about an insect you read about this term.
4. Tell the different parts of plant roots, and what the root does.
5. Discuss Einstein's Theory of Relativity, or Explain the Conservation of Mass/Energy, or tell 3 things you learned about electricity.
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. Give some differences between false love and real love.
3. What two fundamental laws do all major religions and philosophies agree on? Or, Explain the difference between liberty and permission.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. Jared and Cole ordered a large pizza. Jared ate 40 percent of the pizza and Cole ate 2/5 of the pizza. What percentage of the pizza did they eat in all?
2. 60 million plastic bottles are disposed of in the US every day. How many is that per hour?
3. A car traveled 281 miles in 4 hours 41 minutes. What was the average speed of the car in miles per hour?
4. Find the value of two numbers if their sum is 12 and their difference is 4.
1. In your foreign language, write a letter making a request.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2017 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.