Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. What do you think about evil in the world, and how it came to be? OR What can you do if you want to stand against the stream and live as God designed you to?
2. Give an account of Korah's rebellion, Or, "Must I not take heed to speak that which the Lord hath put in my mouth?" Tell the story.
3. How did Jesus respond to the devil's three temptations?
4. "The Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath." Explain the meaning.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell the story of Fingal or Beowulf.
2. Write eight lines in verse about the tournament in Ivanhoe.
3. Describe a scene from Watership Down.
1. Write sentences that give examples of three kinds of (a), pronouns, and, (b), adjectives.
2. Write two sentences using a possessive noun.
3. Choose "is" or "are." The lake and its lovely water lilies __ an image of loveliness.
4. Parse the italicized words (or identify which part of speech?): "With that Sir Arthur turned with his knights, and smote behind and before, and ever Sir Arthur was in the foremost press till his horse was slain under him."
1. How did Alfred set about to educate his people, and from where did he get help? Explain how he created English literature.
2. What two principles guided Alfred as Lawgiver? Discuss the way in which he followed both.
3. Write a short account of the Arthurian legend.
4. What do you know about Roman Camps and Roman Roads in Britain?
5. Why are English people described as Anglo-Saxons?
1. What made St. Brendan's account doubtful?
2. Show St. Brendan's voyage on a map.
3. Describe Saint MacDara's Island or the Sheep Islands/Faroes.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Explain Newton's Three Laws of Motion
4. Draw and label the parts of a seed.
5. Tell something of Ptolemy.
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page
2. What do you know about the Government of Mansoul? How do Hunger and Thirst behave? How can they change and work against us?
3. "The Natural Law system grows out of the two fundamental laws taught by all religions." What are those laws?
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. -5 - (-7) = __
2. A car lot stocks 6 red cars for every 2 green cars. If there are 8 green cars at the lot, how many red cars are there?
3. Paul made 9 baskets out of 12 attempts in basketball practice. What percentage of the shot attempts did Paul make?
4. The difference of two numbers is 3. Their sum is 13. What are the numbers?
1. In your foreign language, write three sentences about yourself.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2013 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.