Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Discuss the fourth love - Charity.
2. "Ask what I shall give thee." What did Solomon ask of God? What do we know about Solomon's knowledge and power?
3. "To your tents, o Israel!" Describe the cause and the course of the Great Rebellion.
4. Give an account of St. Paul's defense before Felix.
5. "I do not make void the grace of God; for if righteousness is through the law, then Christ died in vain." Explain this.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Narrate an episode from The Count of Monte Cristo.
2. Contrast the character of Mr. Wickham wth that of Mr. Darcy.
3. Summarize a poem of Lord Byron that you read this term.
1. Identify whether the italicized word is a direct object, or indirect object.
Tony silently closed the drawer and considered what to do next.
Wanting to show Pugsie at her best, Caitlin dressed her in the frilliest dress she could find.
2. Write sentences showing correct use of "than" and "then."
3. Choose "good" or "well." I play piano __.
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words. For nouns and pronouns, say also whether the word is singular or plural. For verbs, say also whether the verb is in past, present, or future tense: In Lydia's imagination, a visit to Brighton comprised every possibility of earthly happiness. She saw, with the creative eye of fancy, the streets of that gay bathing-place covered with officers. She saw herself the object of attention, to tens and to scores of them at present unknown.
1. Discuss reforms and changes in England after they lost the war with America. Or, give an account of the Constitutional Convention.
2. What do you know about the American Constitution? Or, discuss the debate over getting the constitution ratified.
3. What were the causes of the French Revolution? Or, explain the role of religion in the constitution.
4. Tell what you know about Trafalgar. Or, what were some differences between Hamilton and Jefferson?
5. Tell all you know about the War of 1812.
6. Tell what you know about John Adams or George Washington.
1. Describe H-4's voyage with Captain Cook and the results.
2. Why is longitude calculated from Greenwich?
Natural History and General Science
1. Discuss some scavengers, the mesa trail, or "the streets of the mountains."
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
1. Use the Year 7-10 Questions for this term's Plutarch from this page.
2. Would the world be better if all wages were doubled? Explain.
3. What are some things we need to form opinions about?
4. What is the best way to prepare for whatever your calling might be?
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. A bag has 16 colored marbles and the rest are clear marbles. The ratio of colored marbles to clear marbles is 4:5. Find the number of clear marbles.
2. If it costs $35.01 to buy 9 personal-sized pizzas, how much does each pizza cost?
3. Solve for x: 3(x - 2) - 2(5x - 1) = 10
4. 34 percent of what number is 51?
5. A car travels from A to B at a speed of 40 mph then returns, using the same road, from B to A at a speed of 60 mph. What is the average speed for the round trip?
1. In your foreign language, tell in complete sentences how you would arrange and decorate a room you'll be spending a lot of time in.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2017 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.