Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. "And Jonathan loved him as his own soul." Of whom was this said? Tell a story of Jonathan's love.
2. Tell about the Parable of the Unforgiving Servant.
3. Tell about the transfiguration on the mountain.
Write 2-4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Tell the story of The Golden Fleece, Perseus and the sea monster, or Hercules.
2. Tell a story from King Arthur.
1. Underline every noun (underline twice if it's a pronoun), and circle the verb in the following:
a. The men lifted their poles and returned to the boat.
b. They built two rows of log cabins set at right angles.
c. The Sioux followed along the banks, signaling and beckoning.
d. They all started toward the Indian camp.
2. Tell whether the italicized word is a noun, pronoun, or a verb.
They shut the road through the woods
Seventy years ago.
Weather and rain have undone it again,
And now you would never know
There was once a path through the woods
Before they planted the trees.
3. Write sentences to show that the following words are sometimes nouns and sometimes verbs: paint, guard, cut, sound.
1. Give a short account of George Washington's presidency.
2. What do you know about the Monroe Doctrine?
3. Tell what you know about Lewis and Clark.
1. Tell what you know about Benito Juarez, Victoria, or Li Hung Chang.
2. Tell about the beginning of railroads, or the "bloodless revolution."
1. What do you know about New York City?
2. What do you know about the Missouri River?
3. Name four kinds of land forms and four bodies of water and describe them.
Natural History and General Science
1. Describe a coral reef. What can you find there?
2. What is a dynamo and how does it work?
3. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. What is 1,035 divided by 23?
2. Write the numeral; 70 million 16 thousand 90.
3. If a $96 item is discounted 2/5 off of the normal price, what is the discounted price?
1. Make up sentences about you and your mother/teacher.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2017 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.