Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. The Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream by night; and God said, "Ask! What shall I give you?" Tell the story.
2. What do you know about Jeroboam's rebellion?
3. Tell the story of Zacchaeus or the Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard.
Write 4 lines of a poem that you memorized this term.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. Describe your favorite scene or character from the Shakespeare play you read this term.
2. In your own words, write about one of the following: Return of Ulysses, Scylla and the Charbdis, or Aeneas.
3. Describe a scene from Animal Farm.
1. Underline every adjective, and circle the adverb in the following: a. Clover made a sort of wall round them with her great foreleg, and the ducklings nestled down inside it and promptly fell asleep.
b. However, this was only a light skirmishing manoeuvre, intended to create a little disorder, and the men easily drove the geese off with their sticks.
c. He fidgeted to and fro, swishing his long black tail against his sides and occasionally uttering a little whinny of surprise.
d. They added that Snowball had privately admitted to them that he had been Jones's secret agent for years past.
2. Tell whether the italicized word is a noun, pronoun, verb, adverb or adjective.
Its bed is left a faded paper sheet
Of dead leaves stuck together by the heat--
A brook to none but who remember long.
This as it will be seen is other far
Than with brooks taken otherwhere in song.
We love the things we love for what they are.
3. Write two sentences that each use a pronoun, an adverb and two adjectives.
1. Tell what you know about the Great Depression.
2. Give an account of John F. Kennedy.
3. What do you know about Martin Luther King Jr's role in the Civil Rights movement?
1. Tell what you know about the Holocaust.
2. Give some account of Winston Churchill.
3. List the Allies and Axis powers in World War II.
4. Explain and describe the Cold War.
1. What do you know about New York City?
2. Describe Washington D.C.
3. Name five ways we use animals.
Natural History and General Science
1. Give some examples of what animals use for hands.
2. Give two reasons why "it couldn't just happen."
3. What do you know about Albert Einstein?
4. Choose one question matched to your term's Nature Study theme from here
Question will be taken from this term's Plutarch. *
Father to choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If 50 percent of a number is 20, what is 75 percent of the number?
2. 7/9 x 2/9 = __
3. If you have $40.00 to buy CD's and one CD costs $12.60, what is the greatest number of CD's you can buy?
1. Tell about what you hope to be doing next week, and with whom.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Father should choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Optional; question will be taken from this term's Composer Study. *
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2017 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.