Student's Name _________________________
Date of Exam ____________________________
1. Explain why Jesus is the only way to God, or give evidence for the Resurrection.
2. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
3. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
4. Exam questions based on this term's Bible reading are here.
Write 8-10 lines of poetry from memory.
(Assigned passage is in the Exam Key.)
1. "I love my banner best -- oh, forty times more than the sword!" Who said this? Tell the story.
2. Summarize "The Story of Rowsby Woof and the Fairy Wogdog."
3. Describe the battle between the Red Cross Knight andthe dragon.
1. Write a sentence using three adverbs.
2. Write a sentence using a possessive pronoun.
3. Choose "was" or "were." The tree with its branches heavy with ripening apples __ damaged by the untimely blizzard.
4. Identify parts of speech for the italicized words: Nothing appealed to those stony hearts, those dull imaginations - not even this pretty picture, so simply drawn, of the wounded girl-soldier hanging her toy harness there in curious companionship with the grim and dusty iron mail of the historic defenders of France.
1. Describe the reign of Queen Mary.
2. Discuss the Protestant Struggle.
3. What do you know about the Spanish Armada?
4. Name seven famous men of the days of "Great Elizabeth." Say something about two of them.
5. What do you know about John Calvin or John Knox?
1. Give an account of rubber. Or, Tell about Columbus's fourth voyage.
2. "The population of Mexico became blended over time." How? Or, Locate Columbus's landings on a map.
Natural History and General Science
1. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
2. Choose a question matched to your term's science subject from here or from your science program.
3. Explain the "weights" of atoms. Or, How did Mendeleev "fix" the periodic table?
4. Give an account of Kepler.
5. How do plants give off water?
1. Choose a Year 7-10 Question from this term's Plutarch from this page
2. Discuss the Courage of sticking to our opinions.
3. Explain two areas in life where we are obligated to show Loyalty.
Choose an unseen passage, giving marks for enunciation.
Arithmetic/Geometry (Questions from your math program may be substituted.)
1. If 40x = 20, what is x?
2. Write "four times a number minus 7" as a mathematical equation. Solve if x is 14.
3. John baked six dozen muffins for a bake sale. If this is three times what he normally bakes on a weekend, how many muffins does he normally bake in a weekend?
4. Renae wants to read Les Miserables over her three-day holiday weekend. At 1320 pages, how many pages will she need to read per day?
1. In your foreign language, describe a person in your family.
2. Describe a picture in your language book, using your foreign language.
1. Describe a picture from this term's picture study.
Choose a poem, two Bible verses and/or a scene from Shakespeare learned this term for student to recite.
Music (such as playing an instrument)
Parent or instructor should assess child's progress.
1. Tell about your favorite piece of music from this term.
2. Question to be taken from this term's Composer Study here.
Sing your favorite folksong and hymn from this term.
Show some work in handicrafts from this term to someone outside your family.
Copyright © 2002-2017 AmblesideOnline. All rights reserved. Use of this curriculum subject to the terms of our License Agreement.