AmblesideOnline Forums
AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' (/showthread.php?tid=17676)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - NorthLaurel - 03-31-2015

And copyright it or something!

(I am truly so happy for those who get to go but my stomach actually hurts whenever there is a new reply to this thread because I can't come too. Sigh, so selfish of me

Apologies for any typos. Composed on a very small screen.

RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - dmccalled4 - 03-31-2015

Blossom, why won't you be there? I thought you were close by!

I'm just dying to know if I'll be excepted when it's possible on my end to go. Biting my nails...

RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - clay1416 - 03-31-2015

(03-31-2015, 10:56 AM)NorthLaurel Wrote: And copyright it or something!

(I am truly so happy for those who get to go but my stomach actually hurts whenever there is a new reply to this thread because I can't come too. Sigh, so selfish of me

:-( 

AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - NorthLaurel - 03-31-2015

It is the day of my son's 16th bday. We are taking a trip to somewhere, just the two of us. He had said we could go to the 'At Home' but I just don't think he'd really enjoy doing that on his special trip :) I am not-so-secretly hoping he will get a job between now and registration and not want to take the trip- lol but that'd not change his bday.
I am very much looking forward to 2016 but the smaller group setting appeals to me more.
Anyway that is why. Hopefully the recordings will be helpful.

RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - BRC_MacKenzie - 03-31-2015

For me, its not that it seems slow because I know y'all spend so much time on ao even with out extra projects, I'm just worried I'll somehow miss it and not get in! Although I check the forum at least daily so that fear isn't exactly rational. :-)

RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - Dawn Rhymer - 04-01-2015

(03-31-2015, 10:56 PM)BRC_MacKenzie Wrote: For me, its not that it seems slow because I know y'all spend so much time on ao even with out extra projects, I'm just worried I'll somehow miss it and not get in! Although I check the forum at least daily so that fear isn't exactly rational. :-)

I think once the registration is announced, they will not need an answer in 24 hours. I'm sure there will some time (a week, several weeks, whatever is decided upon) before it is due, especially knowing some people only get on the forum once a week, and others are waiting on more information (cost) to make a final decision. I'M NOT SPEAKING OFFICIALLY. I just don't think anyone needs to be on pins and needles for fear of missing the official announcement of registration. If an AA could speak to this, that would be great.

RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - carpeaeternitatem - 04-01-2015

Oh, we know there will be a reasonable registration period. That's why it's an irrational fear. [cheesy grin] But I'm on pins and needles, too. Especially because a - I'm one of those who needs to know cost before my DH and I can make a final decision, and b - space is limited, which is not quite as concerning as it was before Leslie clarified that they are thinking 80-100 (and not 20-30). But it's still in the back of my mind.

I just keep having to remind myself that God already has this all figured out, just like everything else. If it doesn't work out for me to go, it's not going to be the end.of.the.world, because ultimately HE is in control of both my personal growth and my children's education. And this curriculum is already WONDERFUL, and this community (on the forum) is a huge blessing, so getting to meet people in person is a special treat, not an absolute necessity.

But, oh yes - I'm totally on pins and needles. [:P cheesy, cheesy!]

RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - WendiC - 04-01-2015

(03-31-2015, 08:59 PM)NorthLaurel Wrote: It is the day of my son's 16th bday. We are taking a trip to somewhere, just the two of us. He had said we could go to the 'At Home' but I just don't think he'd really enjoy doing that on his special trip :) I am not-so-secretly hoping he will get a job between now and registration and not want to take the trip- lol but that'd not change his bday.
I am very much looking forward to 2016 but the smaller group setting appeals to me more.
Anyway that is why. Hopefully the recordings will be helpful.

That offer was super sweet of him, though. Wow. What a nice son.

You know, we're just 45 minutes from Indiana Beach.... You could maybe come up early on Friday and do the amusement park there maybe?????

In our family, though the actual specific day is not as important as the doing something roughly that general time period. I know other families the specific day is super important.

RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - WendiC - 04-01-2015

The cost of the actual conference (hotel not included) should not be over 150. What we're trying to do is see if we can make it lower and still cover travel and other expenses.

RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home' - Amy Jo Hines - 04-01-2015

(04-01-2015, 10:31 AM)WendiC Wrote: The cost of the actual conference (hotel not included) should not be over 150.  What we're trying to do is see if we can make it lower and still cover travel and other expenses.

Thank you! I was wondering, because I want to have that amount carved out (the rest will be covered by our tax refund).