AmblesideOnline Forums
2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration (/showthread.php?tid=19014)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - Jeanne Webb - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 08:15 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Umm, is there an oven I could use to make brownies? Also, I might need, like, ten brownie pans.
I have all the ingredients!!

Heh. What a fabulous idea. I'll check. Otherwise, everybody might need to pack one pan for Katie!  [cheesy grin]

RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - Jeanne Webb - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 08:15 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Umm, is there an oven I could use to make brownies? Also, I might need, like, ten brownie pans.
I have all the ingredients!!

The answer is Yes to an oven; No to brownie pans. Could you use disposable aluminium ones? When would you be planning on making them?

:-)

RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - Primeperiwinkle - 06-08-2015

(06-07-2015, 07:22 PM)Jeanne Webb Wrote: The answer is Yes to an oven; No to brownie pans. Could you use disposable aluminium ones? When would you be planning on making them?

:-)

I can buy aluminum pans, that's not a problem. I can make the brownies as early as noon on Friday. We will be in the area already. OR if later is better I can do it Friday night right after we wrap up. They take 22 min to bake but I'm assuming the prep time will be an hour. (10 pans is a lot. I hope that will be enough brownies... I'd rather make them earlier since they make people hyper and if we give them out Fri night we'll all be up till 2am talking. :) but it's up to you guys.

RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - Amy Jo Hines - 06-08-2015

Do we *have* to sleep on Friday night?

RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - Primeperiwinkle - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 04:20 AM)Amy Jo Wrote: Do we *have* to sleep on Friday night?

No, no we don't!! But I don't want to accidentally make it sound like staying up is part of a plan. So many people are traveling from so far away and they'll probably be exhausted. My husband and kids will be in my room sleeping so it's not like I can invite everyone in there. But if you want me to stay up half the night giggling and eating brownies with you I'd LOVE to! 

RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - Jeanne Webb - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 01:50 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: I can buy aluminum pans, that's not a problem. I can make the brownies as early as noon on Friday. We will be in the area already. OR if later is better I can do it Friday night right after we wrap up. They take 22 min to bake but I'm assuming the prep time will be an hour. (10 pans is a lot. I hope that will be enough brownies... I'd rather make them earlier since they make people hyper and if we give them out Fri night we'll all be up till 2am talking. :) but it's up to you guys.

Mmmmmm. Katie's brownies.

I'll get back to you. [Heart <3]

RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - lklivingston - 06-08-2015

(06-08-2015, 04:20 AM)Amy Jo Wrote: Do we *have* to sleep on Friday night?
I have to sleep. I'm an old lady with a nursing toddler. Sleep is precious! :-)

2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - Bucket Foot - 06-18-2015

If my mom comes to watch my nursing 10 mo. Who would wiggle and chat and distract, would there be a place for them to play, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - WendiC - 06-18-2015

(06-18-2015, 01:03 AM)Honey at Home Wrote: If my mom comes to watch my nursing 10 mo. Who would wiggle and chat and distract, would there be a place for them to play, etc?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a very large foyer- long, wide, and it has a couple of comfortable easy chairs.  I think that most of the time, there might be room in a large upstairs room, as well.

There is also a sweet little park on the same lot as the church building.  

On Remington's page, it's the small picture, bottom left, with all the yellow equipment.  They also have a bunch of these (this is the oldest one, there are others, smaller, brighter, newer):
[Image: IMG_0495.JPG]

And picnic tables in a shelter.

RE: 2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration - WendiC - 06-18-2015

(06-08-2015, 01:50 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: I can buy aluminum pans, that's not a problem. I can make the brownies as early as noon on Friday. We will be in the area already. OR if later is better I can do it Friday night right after we wrap up. They take 22 min to bake but I'm assuming the prep time will be an hour. (10 pans is a lot. I hope that will be enough brownies... I'd rather make them earlier since they make people hyper and if we give them out Fri night we'll all be up till 2am talking. :) but it's up to you guys.

The main thing is that we have to pay a janitor ten dollars an hour for the entire time we are in the building, and I can't leave until everybody leaves.  So I'm not sure about Friday night after wrap up.  Possibly 2-ish on Friday?  I think we'll be there already to set up and get the tables ready and so forth.