AmblesideOnline Forums
Updated Master Booklist - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Updated Master Booklist (/showthread.php?tid=19359)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Updated Master Booklist - lklivingston - 03-22-2017

https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showthread.php?tid=30219

The master booklist should now reflect these changes!

RE: Updated Master Booklist - lklivingston - 03-29-2017

Just updated the booklist to include the two new geography resources added to Years 4, 5, and 6 as supplements.

RE: Updated Master Booklist - LeslieNoelani - 03-29-2017

(03-29-2017, 01:18 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Just updated the booklist to include the two new geography resources added to Years 4, 5, and 6 as supplements.

You are quick!

RE: Updated Master Booklist - lklivingston - 04-02-2017

Removed North's Plutarch, which was listed for Year 7 literature for some reason.  It's not necessary to purchase a copy of Plutarch, and if you are wanting to purchase or print something, Anne White's study guides (available as a free printout or e-version or for purchase in a hardcopy) would be a better choice.

Made a couple of minor changes like merging two rows for the same book and setting the font for the entire document.

Removed Christian's Secret to a Happy Life. which was officially removed from the Year 9 list quite awhile ago.

RE: Updated Master Booklist - lklivingston - 04-05-2017

Moved Year 8's Galileo's Daughter to Free Reading.

RE: Updated Master Booklist - lklivingston - 07-10-2017

Moved Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson (Year 11) from the separate "Speeches, Documents, Stories, Essays" sheet to the main sheet.  Although this is available online, it's also available as a print book and the whole thing is scheduled.

RE: Updated Master Booklist - MrsKlause - 07-16-2017

** Hello. =-)
I'm not really sure if this is the appropriate place for this message but please direct me elsewhere if needed.

I am going through the Master Booklist that is in Goggle Docs. I followed the link from the Ambleside page.

Who do I notify of errors??
I have found that many of the Year 9 speeches aren't on the list.
Plutarch is missing entirely from the list.
Emma by Austen in Year 8 isn't on the list.

I am labeling books in my own library according to Ambleside years as well as shopping for books I need and I am finding errors as I go. I know the upkeep of this list must be quite the chore for someone! =-) But, wanted to let that someone know of the items missing.

RE: Updated Master Booklist - lklivingston - 07-16-2017

(07-16-2017, 05:28 AM)MrsKlause Wrote: ** Hello.  =-)
I'm not really sure if this is the appropriate place for this message but please direct me elsewhere if needed.  

I am going through the Master Booklist that is in Goggle Docs.  I followed the link from the Ambleside page.

Who do I notify of errors??
I have found that many of the Year 9 speeches aren't on the list.
Plutarch is missing entirely from the list.
Emma by Austen in Year 8 isn't on the list.

I am labeling books in my own library according to Ambleside years as well as shopping for books I need and I am finding errors as I go.  I know the upkeep of this list must be quite the chore for someone!  =-)   But, wanted to let that someone know of the items missing.

It's fine to mention these here, or you can put them in Tech Support in the Typos thread.  Either way they will be seen!  (And to everyone waiting for chart typos to be fixed, that should happen soon.  I finally have school schedules done for four students, and I want to give Leslie time to finish fine-tuning the charts from the schedule changes this summer.  Then I will get on those!)

I added Emma.  Thanks!

I don't know if it's worthwhile to try to keep the list of speeches completely up-to-date.  Hmmm.  But I may look at it.  :-)

Plutarch isn't on there because I don't want people to think they need to buy it.  Maybe I need to add it with a note, though.  I suppose that's the best idea.