AmblesideOnline Forums
2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=22467)

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - heathermarielee - 11-05-2015

Oh, dear, I am so excited!

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Angel in Tx - 11-11-2015

No fair! I won't be homeschooling after this year and this is less than an hour away. :-( Maybe I will come anyway!

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - RiverBaggins - 11-11-2015

That's about a month from my guess date....
This is very tempting! I could always go birth alone out in the woods if I'm "early," and come back to a session with a newborn, right?
:)

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Ruk Martin - 11-11-2015

Do you bring children with you? I have 2 school age ones and a nursing toddler. Trying to figure out how this would work. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - WendiC - 11-11-2015

Nursing toddlers are fine. We won't have activities or extra help for children, and we'd like to have as much space as possible for homeschooling parents so they can benefit from the conference.

I assume that if children do come, their parents will be paying full price for them.

There is an RV park on the site. We're still fleshing out details, but I wonder if it's possible for a couple of friends to come together, then tag team each other, share the RV space and take turns watching each other's children and going to the conference.

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Subversive Gardener - 11-12-2015

(11-11-2015, 02:37 AM)VioletPersuasion Wrote: That's about a month from my guess date....
This is very tempting! I could always go birth alone out in the woods if I'm "early," and come back to a session with a newborn, right?
:)

What? And miss out on having all these amazing women as your midwives? As if they'd let you do it alone!

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Tapatalk

2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Lindsaytaylortaylor - 11-15-2015

Can't wait! This is so close to my house!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - RiverBaggins - 11-15-2015

(11-12-2015, 05:33 AM)Subversive Gardener Wrote: What? And miss out on having all these amazing women as your midwives? As if they'd let you do it alone!

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Tapatalk

Lol!! That makes me rethink this. I *want* to do it alone. Lol but, I'm a freebirthing freak. ;)

I'm seriously considering this. So excited!

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - carpeaeternitatem - 11-15-2015

I was thinking that I wouldn't be terribly surprised if you actually pulled something like that off, Violet. :)

I'm not going to make this one unless our finances change drastically.

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - CrystalH - 11-18-2015

The total cost will include the start at the retreat center? Are we allowed to stay at a near by hotel and not pay lodging costs? (My husband is wondering if some of our cost could be deferred by paying for a hotel with points :) )