AmblesideOnline Forums
2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=22467)

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Friederike - 04-28-2016

(04-27-2016, 01:53 PM)lklivingston Wrote: I really don't know how to advise you!  I think all the sessions could be applicable to someone just starting out.  Because of our numbers, it's possible some sessions may fill up, so that may help you decide.  :-p

What do you mean with filling up? Do we sign up for each session we want to go to beforehand? Or how does that work? Thanks, Friederike

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - lklivingston - 04-28-2016

Friederike, we don't know yet how we'll handle the breakouts. Probably you will sign up when you arrive. We can have 50+ people in each, except maybe Swedish drill.

I plan to send out a poll soon!

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Mrs.Honey - 04-28-2016

If you make a poll to ask if Swedish Drill and Nature Study classes should be repeated at 4:00 I would wholeheartedly vote, "Yes!" I would love to attend both. ;)

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - KimSanDiego - 04-28-2016

(04-26-2016, 03:53 PM)Mrs.Honey Wrote: I'm quite new to Charlotte Mason and have just begun Year 1 with my son a few weeks back. I'm looking over the schedule and would love some suggestions as to what breakout sessions I should take. I'd love to learn more detailed information about particular subjects, Nature Study for example, however the Overview and Year 1, Year 2, etc. might be more important for me to be in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

I'm doing overview, music, atmosphere, foreign language. Probably. :)

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - phoebebopeep - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 11:35 AM)Mrs.Honey Wrote: If you make a poll to ask if Swedish Drill and Nature Study classes should be repeated at 4:00 I would wholeheartedly vote, "Yes!" I would love to attend both. ;)

I second this!! ;-)

Is "Overview" considered separately from the year it is listed with? Meaning, can one go to just the overview part and then another session? I was assuming not, but want to double-check.

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - LeslieNoelani - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 11:50 AM)phoebebopeep Wrote: Is "Overview" considered separately from the year it is listed with? Meaning, can one go to just the overview part and then another session? I was assuming not, but want to double-check.

The Overview/Years sessions are sort of double sessions. The first part covers an overview of Years 1/2/3 (or 4/5/6, or 7/8/9, or 10/11/12) and then Year 1 (or 4, or 7, or 10). The second part (second hour?) covers Years 2/3 (or 5/6, 8/9, or 11/12). It's set up so you can attend just the first or second part.

I don't know if I'm explaining that very well. It makes perfect sense in my head! [Ha ha ha ha!]

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - SowingLittleSeeds - 04-28-2016

(04-26-2016, 03:53 PM)Mrs.Honey Wrote: I'm quite new to Charlotte Mason and have just begun Year 1 with my son a few weeks back. I'm looking over the schedule and would love some suggestions as to what breakout sessions I should take. I'd love to learn more detailed information about particular subjects, Nature Study for example, however the Overview and Year 1, Year 2, etc. might be more important for me to be in. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

If I were new to AO with a Year 1 student I think I would do these:
1. Parents' Review Article
2. Overview & Years 2 and 3
3. Atmosphere, Discipline & Life (or Reading if was something I struggled with)
4. Foreign Language

2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - phoebebopeep - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 11:56 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: The Overview/Years sessions are sort of double sessions. The first part covers an overview of Years 1/2/3 (or 4/5/6, or 7/8/9, or 10/11/12) and then Year 1 (or 4, or 7, or 10). The second part (second hour?) covers Years 2/3 (or 5/6, 8/9, or 11/12). It's set up so you can attend just the first or second part.

I don't know if I'm explaining that very well. It makes perfect sense in my head! [Ha ha ha ha!]

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you. Would you be able to go to Nature Study and Year 1, for example? I figure you might miss part of Nature Study...assuming it would run the same amount of time as both the Overview and Year 1 combined. Is that right?

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - lklivingston - 04-28-2016

You couldn't do both Year 1 and something else at that timeslot. Overview 1-3 and Year 1 are a unit, one session.

2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Lindsaytaylortaylor - 04-28-2016

Exactly what I was wonderig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk