AmblesideOnline Forums
2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=22467)

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Amy_Johnson - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 04:22 AM)Queensuzie2 Wrote: Rudys bar-b-q is really good. 30 minutes from the airport. Dallas is such a big city, not many mom and pop bbq joints... There are lots of cute sandwich places around there but good old fashioned bbq- I can't think of much in Dallas. You would like Rudys though!!  Maybe someone else can think of some places. Ft worth has good places but that's about an hour from you. Is your family staying while you go to the conference? They might want to go see the cattle drive through downtown ft worth daily- really neat to watch!  Fortworth.com/the-herd/

Thank you for the info! I am coming with 4 other friends (the family is staying home).

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - LeslieNoelani - 05-18-2016

(05-18-2016, 02:56 PM)JennyWren Wrote: I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but I purchased the 4-meal plan for commuters, and I can't remember which meals that covers. [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]  Can anyone tell me which meals not to eat in the car on the way? lol.

And on the subject of food, are there any other commuters that want to meet up for lunch before the festivities start? I don't know Waxahachie that well, but Yelp says there's a cute little place called The Dove's Nest that looks lovely. And I'd love to connect with other local AO moms!

4 meals means no breakfasts.

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Primeperiwinkle - 05-18-2016

Jennywren, I can be there early and meet for lunch!!!! What time?!?!

2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Lindsaytaylortaylor - 05-18-2016

The catfish plantation in Waxahaxhie is also really good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Lindsaytaylortaylor - 05-18-2016

Waxahachie water tastes fine. We have our co op there and my husband works there. Several friends live there. So we drink it all the time no problem! I think it tastes better than the water where I live in Midlothian (20 minutes away) lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - CrystalH - 05-19-2016

For anyone looking for a 1/2 priced books that is kind of on the way. If you take a back way from the airport (that is the way we are driving because we are going to Chuy's) this 1/2 price books is on the way. It isn't' the mother ship, but it is a book store.
Mansfield Pointe20.5 miles
1551 US Hwy 287
Mansfield TX 76063
United States
Phone: 682-518-7302

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - JennyWren - 05-19-2016

(05-18-2016, 07:46 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: 4 meals means no breakfasts.
Thank you, Leslie!!

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

(05-18-2016, 08:46 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Jennywren, I can be there early and meet for lunch!!!! What time?!?!
Sounds great, Primeperiwinkle!!! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] Should we plan to meet at 12?

Maybe I'll post on the fb page, too, for those who aren't on the forum.

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Primeperiwinkle - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 04:24 AM)JennyWren Wrote: Sounds great, Primeperiwinkle!!! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES] Should we plan to meet at 12?

Maybe I'll post on the fb page, too, for those who aren't on the forum.

I think I will be there just past twelve at the Dove's whatever it's called! Google to the rescue! I'm so eager to get this party started!

(05-19-2016, 09:59 AM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: I think I will be there just past twelve at the Dove's whatever it's called! Google to the rescue! I'm so eager to get this party started!

Awesome!! Anybody flying in early who will be killing time around lunch, come meet us there!! Let's get a table going of CM greatness!  :)