AmblesideOnline Forums
2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Printable Version

+- AmblesideOnline Forums (https://amblesideonline.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Welcome Center (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://amblesideonline.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! (/showthread.php?tid=22467)

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - KimSanDiego - 05-23-2016

(05-22-2016, 11:05 AM)WendiC Wrote: I'll try both after I get home.  But my notes are really long.

Thank you so much! Long is ok. My cliff notes from your talk are only a page and a half. We ran out of time, though for poetry, handicraft, and I think music, so it would help me (and I'm sure many others) to see what your thoughts were there.

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Amy_Johnson - 05-25-2016

(05-18-2016, 04:28 AM)ModernWhit Wrote: Smokey Johns is near there! There are a lot of good places to eat around Love Field!

http://www.smokeyjohns.com/#_=_

We went to Smokey John's and it was amazing (all 5 of us loved it)! Thank you so much for the recommendation. It was such a great experience and only a few miles from our hotel.

2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - ModernWhit - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 06:36 PM)Amy_Johnson Wrote: We went to Smokey John's and it was amazing (all 5 of us loved it)! Thank you so much for the recommendation. It was such a great experience and only a few miles from our hotel.

That's so awesome! Glad it was good and your trip ended on a delicious note. It's kind of hilarious too because I'm vegan and don't eat bbq anymore

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Sendy_Green - 05-26-2016

Anyone else still pouring over their notes from the weekend? There was so much to soak in!!

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Rebecca Miller - 05-26-2016

Yes, our local CM group members got together before checking out to narrate all of the sessions we attended. That helped!! We drank up all of the great info from everyone. I feel blessed. <3

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - SowingLittleSeeds - 05-26-2016

(05-26-2016, 10:02 AM)Sendy_Green Wrote: Anyone else still pouring over their notes from the weekend?  There was so much to soak in!!

I'm not a big note taker but I am still going over everything in my mind and talking about it to anyone who will listen.  I was giving a narration of Donna-Jean's first plenary talk to another homeschooler in my church (she does classical conversations) and about the time that I started talking about how all the lovely riches we encounter through AO can help to sustain us through hard times, I noticed her eyes glazing over and the interest waning.  I'm so glad I have all of you lovelies to share this with because most non-AOers just don't get it.

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - MamaSnow - 05-26-2016

Our local CM study group is taking a break from Volume 6 so that I and another lady that were at the Conference in Texas can 'narrate' to the rest of the group, and our June meeting will be the same for those who will be attending CMI. [cheesy grin]

RE: 2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! - Sendy_Green - 05-27-2016

(05-26-2016, 12:17 PM)SowingLittleSeeds Wrote: I'm not a big note taker but I am still going over everything in my mind and talking about it to anyone who will listen.  I was giving a narration of Donna-Jean's first plenary talk to another homeschooler in my church (she does classical conversations) and about the time that I started talking about how all the lovely riches we encounter through AO can help to sustain us through hard times, I noticed her eyes glazing over and the interest waning.  I'm so glad I have all of you lovelies to share this with because most non-AOers just don't get it.
I experience the same things with several of my peer homeschooling friends! But at times they seem interested in how we school the kids. Maybe one day they'll actually listen for interest!

Mom of 3: AO Years 7, 4, & 2