New AO Geography Topics!
Announcements/RE: New AO Geography Topics!
This is exciting! I have had the Long book printed and bound for several years, and to see it being used with AO is awesome! Thank you for the guidelines. As someone mentioned above, I also tried using it, but went far too fast. This eased way of introducing topics is much more manageable!

I am not sure if it would be of any help, but I wasn't able to print the CM geography book with two pages on each side of my paper, from the website. So I copy/pasted the words in my text program, edited the font, saved/inserted pictures, then saved it as a PDF file, to allow me to print the way I needed.
If I may, I would love to share the PDF file for those who have the same printing trouble. :)

The following 2 users Like RiverBaggins's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, Annie HL
(07-13-2013, 01:12 AM)michelle dawn Wrote: Ann Voskamp's Geography book is scheduled for science, (earth science, etc) even though she wrote is as a geography book.

Oooooh!
I am curious, because I have this book and used it this last year as geography (we didn't finish it up). What AO year is Voskamp scheduled for earth science? [cheesy grin]

I would love a PDF file! Can you email it?
Ariana
2nd generation homeschooler, part-time veterinarian, Coast Guard wife, and full-time mama to 14 yo boy, 10 yo girl, and 8 yo girl.
If you want to email the pdf to me, I can upload it to the forum under Resources. Or, you can put it in dropbox or some other free web service and share it that way, since it is a public domain text. I'm at laurawitten at gmail dot com.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 1 user Likes laurke's post:
  • RiverBaggins
(07-24-2013, 04:41 AM)VioletPersuasion Wrote: Oooooh!
I am curious, because I have this book and used it this last year as geography (we didn't finish it up). What AO year is Voskamp scheduled for earth science? [cheesy grin]

It is optional for year three, but you could add it wherever you thought it fit. Many kids feel that she "talks down" to them, however. So you don't want to use it for kids that are much older. My daughter is 8 and enjoys it.
8 kids in AO years 2-11. After traveling fulltime for 3 years, we settled in Alabama.... for now! 
(07-24-2013, 08:59 AM)michelle dawn Wrote: It is optional for year three, but you could add it wherever you thought it fit. Many kids feel that she "talks down" to them, however. So you don't want to use it for kids that are much older. My daughter is 8 and enjoys it.

Yes, we used it, this last year for my 10 year old daughter and she was bored with it most of the time. I think it is quite good, but it is for younger children, for sure. :)

Oh, I'm sorry. I read that and it didn't sink in. :)
8 kids in AO years 2-11. After traveling fulltime for 3 years, we settled in Alabama.... for now! 
(07-24-2013, 08:59 AM)michelle dawn Wrote: It is optional for year three, but you could add it wherever you thought it fit. Many kids feel that she "talks down" to them, however. So you don't want to use it for kids that are much older. My daughter is 8 and enjoys it.

Yes, we used it, this last year for my 10 year old daughter and she was bored with it most of the time. I think it is quite good, but it is for younger children, for sure. :)

Thanks, so much.
Sue

http://www.amblesideonline.org/geographysch.shtml
[/quote]
(06-27-2013, 12:03 PM)laurke Wrote: No link handy, but I think I found them on gutenburg.org. There are several different ones, for different years. Long's is there, too, I believe. I downloaded them all in kindle format.

Thanks for this info! Just wondering if you have a link for the kindle format of CM Elementary Geography...I found Long's on gutenburg but couldn't find CM's. (I am not so good on the figuring out how to "Push" things to my kindle and it also seems to have trouble with us being in New Zealand)
Teaching my DD16 (AO10), DD14 (AO8) and DD13 (AO7)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 271,118 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian