Leaving up 2023-2024 info?
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Leaving up 2023-2024 info?
Hey! Question for the advisory- probably a big request but some of us in the southern hemisphere run on a different school year schedule (Feb to December) so our use of site/riches are not on the same USA timeline. I noticed a few weeks ago when referencing links to our composer they were gone and all 2023-2024 stuff has been removed. I see it’s available in rotation like 10+ years from now but was wondering if it’s possible to leave up 2023-2024 stuff up until the end of 2024? Or is that too confusing for the masses who use it from the USA? 

Thank you,
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Leaving up 2023-2024 info?
FYI, I am fairly certain that last year's composers are now the last selections listed in the upcoming years (ie 2037-38). You can also refer to the forum areas for Music (composer/hymns/folk songs) and for Art (picture study) and can usually find resources shared there for last year.
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Leaving up 2023-2024 info?
I also school year round, but I still use the riches in the month scheduled. That way when people are sharing about the different riches, we are all in it together.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The following 5 users Like Wistick03's post:
  • heddsomewhere, lklivingston, Ozziemama, Primeperiwinkle, Purposeful Abnegation
Yes, I start in July, so I use the riches from the last term of the previous year for my first term. I think if you start in January, just use the riches for the current year for your later terms of this year.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle
My year is from Jan- Dec. I however, split planning/preparation into two different tasks. I print off artist/composer and folk songs at the end of term 2, and restart everyone with a fresh gallery book and music book (and get the new YouTube playlist bookmarked on my phone) in August. I print off everything for the whole academic year at once and include it in a homemade sewn bound booklet the kids make for themselves.

Then in December I only have the books and timetables to sort out for the upcoming year, which really helps me as by then I also have a lot of Xmas stuff to organise and don't have as much brain space to think about everything.
DS1 born 2012, DS2 born 2014, DD1 born 2017, DD2 born 2019, DS3 born 2021 and DD3 born sleeping 2023
The following 1 user Likes speedorwinska's post:
  • Purposeful Abnegation
We are always off on composer and artist, though we follow the month for hymn and folk song. I always just scroll to the bottom of the rotation where the previous year (23-24, in this case) is. Or, if I remember one name, such as our current artist is Monet, I click the link to Monet on the artist page and then go to the composer from there (it always says, "this term's composer is XX"). It's not much extra work and only takes a few more seconds. I also sometimes save the direct links to each piece in a word document or my spreadsheet schedule so I can just click and go.

I hope that is helpful!
Second Generation Homeschooler w/ one daughter, Year 4
and two daughters, one son, and at least three more babies in heaven.
https://awdowner.com

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024: Report Typos/Dead Links Here LeslieNoelani 12 83,210 10-01-2024, 12:06 AM
Last Post: Jessie