Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
Announcements/Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
Now that the Forum is up and running, we're looking at other ways to help our users. AO's interactive Facebook group is now reopening for our users and friends who prefer to communicate that way. Please remember that FB's privacy cannot be guaranteed, and that the search facility is limited. The AO Forum will continue to be the main online face of AO.

(And don't forget to "like" AO's Facebook fan page!)
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 4 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • clay1416, KayPelham, laurke, Mrs. Mandy
Announcements/RE: Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
So, does that mean that some very helpful future AO discussions will only be available to Facebook users? I do not have an account there. Will I have to get one in order to make sure I am not missing out?
-Jennifer
DS14(YR8),DS12(YR6),DD8(YR3),DD5
We envision the Facebook group as a more light, fun way to interact. If you could choose one place to connect with other AO users, this forum would be the place to be.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 5 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Celeste, Christy Hissong, KayPelham, MelisaH, NorthLaurel
Very glad to see the FB group opening back up! I was getting so exasperated with other CM homeschoolers getting defensive whenever someone mentioned AO on some of the other groups.
Mandy
oldest (1995) AO grad, Middle (2002) AO 7, and Littles (2009, 2011) Tweaked AO2/AO 0
The following 3 users Like Mrs. Mandy's post:
  • lklivingston, MelisaH, NorthLaurel
(05-26-2014, 05:29 PM)Mrs. Mandy Wrote: Very glad to see the FB group opening back up! I was getting so exasperated with other CM homeschoolers getting defensive whenever someone mentioned AO on some of the other groups.

[cheesy grin][I'm a little Angel smilie]4book[balloon smilie][:P cheesy, cheesy!][balloon smilie][Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day
The following 1 user Likes Jeanne Webb's post:
  • MelisaH
I have had the opportunity to join the AO Facebook page, and I must admit, I have no idea what I'm doing there. This is a bit of a plea from a place of severe ignorance.

The Forum has order...Facebook is chaos.

It resembles to some degree the "View Today's Posts" page, but it has no forums. How does anyone find anything?

But maybe I'm just missing something.

Is there any Rhyme or Reason to Facebook? Does anyone have any tips or insights into usefully using the AO Facebook page? I know I will remain there as a lurker for the foreseeable future. (Our family facebook account technically belongs to my husband, and I promised I wouldn't post comments or make any friends.)

I'm so thankful for the forum, and I don't see myself committing much time or resources to the AO Facebook page (especially when I have a moratorium). But maybe I'm just old, set in my ways, and adverse to change. Maybe I felt just as lost when I started using the Forum, but I don't remember.

Please, either convince me of the amazing merits of the Facebook page or reassure me it is OK to just to remain here in the Forum.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
The following 1 user Likes Dawn Rhymer's post:
  • MelisaH
It's ok to just be here! Fb is great for those who aren't ready for the forum or find it a hassle, but it's not ideal as a resource.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 9 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • COMama, Dawn Rhymer, gabrielabocchini, laurke, Lisa-v, MaryEllen, MelisaH, Vanessa, VanessaB
(10-06-2015, 02:13 PM)Dawn Girl Wrote: Please, either convince me of the amazing merits of the Facebook page or reassure me it is OK to just to remain here in the Forum.

I'm not even a member of the AO Facebook group for many of the reasons you stated, DG. The forum truly is the place to be - the FB group exists for those resistant to join here for whatever reason and to maintain a presence in FB land, but AO encourages truly interested party to come to the forum. Let it go!  [:P cheesy, cheesy!]
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
Announcements/Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
I jus scan through and answer questions where I can. Sometimes I'll post a nature study pic that u think others might find interesting. I don't think I've ever gone to it to look for an answer to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mary Frances
mom to David (Age 17, YR11), Grant (Age 14, YR8) and Lucy (Age 13, YR8) and Ella (Age 6, YR 1)
The following 1 user Likes MaryFrances's post:
  • Dawn Rhymer
The AO FB is for posting about all your book finds with the odd nature find thrown in. [:P cheesy, cheesy!] Some newbie questions as well, but its really just chatting, whereas here it is conversation and staffroom and library and bookclub and.......!!

I like the phrase in the welcome post on FB - "our front porch". Thats really what it is - a place in which to welcome people into our real home, here in the forums.
~DaughterofEve~ (alias Jess)
Fully responsible; fully redeemed

You come of the Lord Adam & the Lady Eve, said Aslan, that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, & shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth. Be content.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you liked our Facebook page? Brandy Vencel 13 237,911 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dawn Duran