Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
Announcements/RE: Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
(10-31-2015, 11:17 AM)MargaretT Wrote: The need for validation and affirmation of our homeschool direction and philosophy usually plateaus, in my experience, around the Y8 level with a first child. Often by then one has it together!!! Well more or less:)

[Oh no!] [. . .] [Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Have a nice day.] [I want to hide my head under a bag!] Perhaps some, I am feeling more confident, although I've been pretty independent for a long time, because for years there was no one to offer affirmation to me. I've spent the last 2 months or so really searching my soul, and examining my family/situation, to see if my desires aligned with reality.

(10-31-2015, 11:17 AM)MargaretT Wrote: Another thought was that perhaps at the conference people met in real life and there has been a change in the dynamic of relationships... so a facebook encounter is easier.

That could be part of it. It was so lovely to meet people and I think I'm now addicted to AO conferences. I just can't imagine missing one. Although, again, I stay away from the Facebook group (and FB groups in general) unless I am procrastinating on something else.

(10-31-2015, 11:17 AM)MargaretT Wrote: Sometimes it is daunting to post here, people surprisingly aren't mind readers, and it is difficult to perhaps express ones perspective if it doesn't align with the accepted philosophy.

But this is a VERY safe place. Even when there is a misunderstanding, which I've been on both sides of, people are gracious. This is the most peaceful forum I have ever been on, I think because we try to give grace to others. Love overflows here.

(10-31-2015, 11:17 AM)MargaretT Wrote: Nevertheless this is always a very stimulating and interesting place.
I am looking forward to the book discussions.

They are going to be GREAT! I can't wait either. I'm really frustrated now, not having the deep discussions, but we are almost done with this "season". I think someone (Dawn Girl??) mentioned announcing the book discussions on Facebook and that is a great idea.
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
The following 4 users Like Amy Jo Hines's post:
  • COMama, Dawn Rhymer, MargaretT, phoebebopeep

Messages In This Thread
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by laurke - 10-30-2015, 11:08 PM
RE: Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by Amy Jo Hines - 10-31-2015, 12:03 PM
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by laurke - 11-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by laurke - 11-07-2015, 01:03 AM
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by EllenM - 11-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by laurke - 02-08-2016, 01:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you liked our Facebook page? Brandy Vencel 13 239,586 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dawn Duran