Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
Announcements/RE: Want to Connect With AO on Facebook?
Just to chime in, I have been loving the forum reminders I've seen on facebook that Mary Francis has pasted lately. Like the Christmas Carol reading invitation. Great idea, MF!

I've been a forum member for a year now. I came to the forum looking for depth. I need more info, more answers, more details, more everything. And I found it! In fact, I spent quite a bit of time today reading abt year 4. (We're still in y3, term 1...but I'm trying not to feel intimidated by y4.) Anyway, I think that, for many on facebook, they aren't looking for depth and breadth. They just want to know what book or math program will fix the problem now. They aren't really concerned with why or how. I think that those that are, when they find the forum, get it and are happy to be here. Facebook just feels faster...not that it necessarily is, and I think the answers given overall here are better then on fb, but it feels that way.

Or maybe most are just intimidated by the high vocabulary, the good grammar, and the impressive reading lists of the forum ladies.
Kimberly
Mom of DD - year 3, DS - age 4, and a baby boy

Messages In This Thread
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by laurke - 10-30-2015, 11:08 PM
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by laurke - 11-01-2015, 12:47 AM
RE: Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by whiteiris - 11-04-2015, 11:25 AM
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by laurke - 11-07-2015, 01:03 AM
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by EllenM - 11-12-2015, 10:59 AM
Want to Connect With AO on Facebook? - by laurke - 02-08-2016, 01:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have you liked our Facebook page? Brandy Vencel 13 239,704 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Dawn Duran