AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home'
Announcements/AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home'
And copyright it or something!

(I am truly so happy for those who get to go but my stomach actually hurts whenever there is a new reply to this thread because I can't come too. Sigh, so selfish of me

Apologies for any typos. Composed on a very small screen.
Blossom- AO Grads, '15 & '17. Children are born persons
Online classesBooks: Lulu and BlurbSet Your Feet, book 'reviews'

The following 1 user Likes NorthLaurel's post:
  • Primeperiwinkle
Announcements/RE: AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home'
Blossom, why won't you be there? I thought you were close by!

I'm just dying to know if I'll be excepted when it's possible on my end to go. Biting my nails...
Dana in IN, ds6 (Y1), dd3 (Y0)
(03-31-2015, 10:56 AM)NorthLaurel Wrote: And copyright it or something!

(I am truly so happy for those who get to go but my stomach actually hurts whenever there is a new reply to this thread because I can't come too. Sigh, so selfish of me

:-( 
Karla [Heart <3] Married to my best friend, mom to 10 year old Shark (ASD) and to 6 year old Rapunzel (NF1).  Enjoying year 4 and year 1!
Announcements/AO Retreat 2015: 'At Home'
It is the day of my son's 16th bday. We are taking a trip to somewhere, just the two of us. He had said we could go to the 'At Home' but I just don't think he'd really enjoy doing that on his special trip :) I am not-so-secretly hoping he will get a job between now and registration and not want to take the trip- lol but that'd not change his bday.
I am very much looking forward to 2016 but the smaller group setting appeals to me more.
Anyway that is why. Hopefully the recordings will be helpful.

Blossom- AO Grads, '15 & '17. Children are born persons
Online classesBooks: Lulu and BlurbSet Your Feet, book 'reviews'

The following 3 users Like NorthLaurel's post:
  • *blue*j*, dmccalled4, VanessaB
For me, its not that it seems slow because I know y'all spend so much time on ao even with out extra projects, I'm just worried I'll somehow miss it and not get in! Although I check the forum at least daily so that fear isn't exactly rational. :-)
Second generation homeschooler and mom to L (13) and JM (11) and N (8) and JN(5).
[url=http://brcbanter.blogspot.com/][/url]
The following 1 user Likes BRC_MacKenzie's post:
  • laurke
(03-31-2015, 10:56 PM)BRC_MacKenzie Wrote: For me, its not that it seems slow because I know y'all spend so much time on ao even with out extra projects, I'm just worried I'll somehow miss it and not get in! Although I check the forum at least daily so that fear isn't exactly rational. :-)

I think once the registration is announced, they will not need an answer in 24 hours. I'm sure there will some time (a week, several weeks, whatever is decided upon) before it is due, especially knowing some people only get on the forum once a week, and others are waiting on more information (cost) to make a final decision. I'M NOT SPEAKING OFFICIALLY. I just don't think anyone needs to be on pins and needles for fear of missing the official announcement of registration. If an AA could speak to this, that would be great.
Dawn, Georgia
"Knowledge is love and light and vision."  Helen Keller
Blogging at the CMER Blog.
Oh, we know there will be a reasonable registration period. That's why it's an irrational fear. [cheesy grin] But I'm on pins and needles, too. Especially because a - I'm one of those who needs to know cost before my DH and I can make a final decision, and b - space is limited, which is not quite as concerning as it was before Leslie clarified that they are thinking 80-100 (and not 20-30). But it's still in the back of my mind.

I just keep having to remind myself that God already has this all figured out, just like everything else. If it doesn't work out for me to go, it's not going to be the end.of.the.world, because ultimately HE is in control of both my personal growth and my children's education. And this curriculum is already WONDERFUL, and this community (on the forum) is a huge blessing, so getting to meet people in person is a special treat, not an absolute necessity.

But, oh yes - I'm totally on pins and needles. [:P cheesy, cheesy!]
- Mandie
Mom to Jack (16 - year 10), Sally (14 - year 9), Molly (10 - year 5), Gareth (8 - year 2), and Sunny (6- year 1)
Occasionally blogging at http://teachingdragonslayers.blogspot.com
The following 4 users Like carpeaeternitatem's post:
  • *blue*j*, Lisa Russell, Lizzie Smith, Tammy Glaser
(03-31-2015, 08:59 PM)NorthLaurel Wrote: It is the day of my son's 16th bday. We are taking a trip to somewhere, just the two of us. He had said we could go to the 'At Home' but I just don't think he'd really enjoy doing that on his special trip :) I am not-so-secretly hoping he will get a job between now and registration and not want to take the trip- lol but that'd not change his bday.
I am very much looking forward to 2016 but the smaller group setting appeals to me more.
Anyway that is why. Hopefully the recordings will be helpful.

That offer was super sweet of him, though. Wow. What a nice son.

You know, we're just 45 minutes from Indiana Beach.... You could maybe come up early on Friday and do the amusement park there maybe?????

In our family, though the actual specific day is not as important as the doing something roughly that general time period. I know other families the specific day is super important.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The cost of the actual conference (hotel not included) should not be over 150. What we're trying to do is see if we can make it lower and still cover travel and other expenses.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 6 users Like WendiC's post:
  • *blue*j*, Amy Jo Hines, carpeaeternitatem, Dawn Duran, Lisa Russell, Lizzie Smith
(04-01-2015, 10:31 AM)WendiC Wrote: The cost of the actual conference (hotel not included) should not be over 150.  What we're trying to do is see if we can make it lower and still cover travel and other expenses.

Thank you! I was wondering, because I want to have that amount carved out (the rest will be covered by our tax refund).
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Break 2015 LeslieNoelani 2 47,057 12-18-2015, 02:33 PM
Last Post: phoebebopeep
  Forum Maintenance - November 2015 MelisaH 8 119,273 11-10-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: COMama
  Thank you to all who made the 2015 At Home retreat complete and special KarenG 3 62,045 08-02-2015, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Megan Hoyt
  2015 AO "At Home" Retreat Registration LeslieNoelani 37 531,836 06-20-2015, 06:07 AM
Last Post: Primeperiwinkle
  Forum Update June 2015 MelisaH 1 38,329 06-11-2015, 07:32 AM
Last Post: jmoore2001us@yahoo.com