Amb.leside online e-mail loop
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/Amb.leside online e-mail loop
I don't know where else to get information about this.  What is wrong with the Ambleside Online e-mail loop?

Several months ago I posted information about Pi Day, which this year would have been special, not to be repeated in 100 years.  The date ran to many more Pi decimal places than usual.  About a month after posting my mail was bounced back to me saying that it hadn't been approved by the moderator.  Well, Ambleside users lost an opportunity to celebrate a special Pi Day, which they won't have again in their lifetimes.

I don't understand why that message needed to be approved, as I have been on this loop for years, and before, had no problem with my messages being posted.

A few weeks ago I tried posting again, this time about the folksongs on AO.  So far I haven't seen that message posted 
Tech Support (Parent and Student Access)/RE: Amb.leside online e-mail loop
(05-21-2015, 03:08 AM)LindsayL Wrote: Hmm, no wonder I prefer the e-mail loop to the forum.  My message got posted before I had finished it.

Concerning my earlier message, I went to the yahoogroups page and I see that it has been months since anything but automatic messages from the unnamed moderator has been posted on the loop.

I would like to know what is going on.  Thanks,

Lindsay -- lmilowry@aol.com

I don't know where else to get information about this.  What is wrong with the Ambleside Online e-mail loop?

Several months ago I posted information about Pi Day, which this year would have been special, not to be repeated in 100 years.  The date ran to many more Pi decimal places than usual.  About a month after posting my mail was bounced back to me saying that it hadn't been approved by the moderator.  Well, Ambleside users lost an opportunity to celebrate a special Pi Day, which they won't have again in their lifetimes.

I don't understand why that message needed to be approved, as I have been on this loop for years, and before, had no problem with my messages being posted.

A few weeks ago I tried posting again, this time about the folksongs on AO.  So far I haven't seen that message posted 
It is my understanding that the forum essentially replaced the yahoo groups. While they are still there they may not be maintained regularly.
I don't know why your post would have posted before you clicked to post it. That is interesting.
Blossom- AO Grads, '15 & '17. Children are born persons
Online classesBooks: Lulu and BlurbSet Your Feet, book 'reviews'

Yes. The majority of Yahoo groups were closed. They remain open only for archive access. The forum has replaced both the main AO Yahoo group and AmbleRamble (and a few others like the AO year 0 group).
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
I do know that activity there decreased substantially in the past nearly three years since forum opened. But I have asked if there is a glitch maybe... asked moderators of that group. All messages there, as always, are moderated.
Lani
mom to 6 (4 graduates and 2 high schoolers)

Overseer AmbleRamble, Moderator Language Arts/Narration, Hot Topics & Mothering Large Families
I am a moderator for the AmblesideOnline list, and I have approved your post. I don't remember being notified that there was a pending post, but sometimes that happens.
Anne White, Southern Ontario
My book page at Amazon
Yes, I didn't notice a message saying a post was pending. That list gets very little traffic, so I only look when I get a notification. All posts are moderated because of the spam that gets sent, alas.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
I need to apologize. I just got home and searched my email box. I did get an email on both of your posts, but unfortunately, it looks like they got lost in my inbox. [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!] I get a LOT of email each morning and often do just a quick skim and I suppose I just skimmed right over them. As far as the one that did not post, I can only assume it "aged" out before any of us checked on the group. I am so very sorry that this happened to you. I guess because there is so very little activity on the group, my eyes just skimmed right past it OR, I thought it was for a state level group that I run and I ended up taking care of business on that account instead. [I want to hide my head under a bag!]
You ladies have an almost impossible job trying to moderate everything going on related to AO - the forum, the FB group, the old yahoo group - all while homeschooling and raising families...and some of you working outside the home as well. I am so very thankful for everything that you do.  Such a gift to all of us, yet so gracious when an honest oversight like this occurs. Thank you for all that you do, AA. I love and appreciate every single one of you. 
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
(05-21-2015, 03:08 AM)LindsayL Wrote:  Well, Ambleside users lost an opportunity to celebrate a special Pi Day, which they won't have again in their lifetimes.

I'm not sure how many AO users would have actually seen the post had it posted.  The vast majority are now on the forums instead of the yahoo group.  Since you are now on the forum (even if you don't wish to participate often) you will be able to reach many more people when there is something of which you wish to make everyone aware.
ozark mama
The following 5 users Like ozark mama's post:
  • Cindy Belcher, DaughterofEve, Dawn Duran, Lani, Rebecca1969

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Public Domain/Freely Availale Online Books that aren't linked mama_kate 5 738 05-07-2024, 06:21 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Ambleside Online Security Certificate? papayapip 9 11,484 07-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Titus2teen