Updated Master Booklist
Announcements/RE: Updated Master Booklist
https://amblesideonline.org/forum/showth...?tid=30219

The master booklist should now reflect these changes!
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 2 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • COMama, phoebebopeep
Just updated the booklist to include the two new geography resources added to Years 4, 5, and 6 as supplements.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 5 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • Janice, LeslieNoelani, phoebebopeep, Prophetmother, Zoo Keeper
(03-29-2017, 01:18 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Just updated the booklist to include the two new geography resources added to Years 4, 5, and 6 as supplements.

You are quick!
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 5 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Dawn Duran, Donna-Jean, laurke, lklivingston, phoebebopeep
Removed North's Plutarch, which was listed for Year 7 literature for some reason.  It's not necessary to purchase a copy of Plutarch, and if you are wanting to purchase or print something, Anne White's study guides (available as a free printout or e-version or for purchase in a hardcopy) would be a better choice.
Kathy 
The following 3 users Like lklivingston's post:
  • michelle dawn, phoebebopeep, Subversive Gardener
Made a couple of minor changes like merging two rows for the same book and setting the font for the entire document.
Kathy 
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • phoebebopeep
Removed Christian's Secret to a Happy Life. which was officially removed from the Year 9 list quite awhile ago.
Kathy 
  • phoebebopeep
Moved Year 8's Galileo's Daughter to Free Reading.
Kathy 
Moved Hazlitt's Economics in One Lesson (Year 11) from the separate "Speeches, Documents, Stories, Essays" sheet to the main sheet.  Although this is available online, it's also available as a print book and the whole thing is scheduled.
Kathy 
** Hello. =-)
I'm not really sure if this is the appropriate place for this message but please direct me elsewhere if needed.

I am going through the Master Booklist that is in Goggle Docs. I followed the link from the Ambleside page.

Who do I notify of errors??
I have found that many of the Year 9 speeches aren't on the list.
Plutarch is missing entirely from the list.
Emma by Austen in Year 8 isn't on the list.

I am labeling books in my own library according to Ambleside years as well as shopping for books I need and I am finding errors as I go. I know the upkeep of this list must be quite the chore for someone! =-) But, wanted to let that someone know of the items missing.
(07-16-2017, 05:28 AM)MrsKlause Wrote: ** Hello.  =-)
I'm not really sure if this is the appropriate place for this message but please direct me elsewhere if needed.  

I am going through the Master Booklist that is in Goggle Docs.  I followed the link from the Ambleside page.

Who do I notify of errors??
I have found that many of the Year 9 speeches aren't on the list.
Plutarch is missing entirely from the list.
Emma by Austen in Year 8 isn't on the list.

I am labeling books in my own library according to Ambleside years as well as shopping for books I need and I am finding errors as I go.  I know the upkeep of this list must be quite the chore for someone!  =-)   But, wanted to let that someone know of the items missing.

It's fine to mention these here, or you can put them in Tech Support in the Typos thread.  Either way they will be seen!  (And to everyone waiting for chart typos to be fixed, that should happen soon.  I finally have school schedules done for four students, and I want to give Leslie time to finish fine-tuning the charts from the schedule changes this summer.  Then I will get on those!)

I added Emma.  Thanks!

I don't know if it's worthwhile to try to keep the list of speeches completely up-to-date.  Hmmm.  But I may look at it.  :-)

Plutarch isn't on there because I don't want people to think they need to buy it.  Maybe I need to add it with a note, though.  I suppose that's the best idea.
Kathy 
  • MrsKlause

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Volume 2 of (updated) “This Country of Ours: The Story of the United States” Donna-Jean 21 24,031 09-12-2023, 07:56 AM
Last Post: marianelson
  Three updated Plutarch studies on the website AnneWhite 12 49,600 02-01-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Lesleydawn328
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,399 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  Year 9 Booklist and Schedule Change lklivingston 13 176,852 09-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Last Post: mama2lots
  Year 10 Lite Updated LeslieNoelani 0 25,553 07-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Last Post: LeslieNoelani
  Forum was updated Sat. evening (April 25) MelisaH 1 38,572 04-26-2015, 12:22 PM
Last Post: laurke