AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug?
Announcements/RE: AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug?
Will there be an optional mug with a pithy comment that sounds slightly British and elitist? I might buy that one. Maggie Annie once promised me a mug that said Bleh on it. It was so beautiful.

Ideas for pithy and possibly snotty comments on coffee mug that I *know* you guys will never make cause everyone on Advisory is too nice:

"You don't even know who Plutarch is, do you?"

"Dare me to quote from a 19th century Victorian philosopher CHICK. Just. dare. me."

"My Pedagogy can beat yours any day buster."

"AO. We're so cool we only need TWO letters!"

"My Mom friends read more books last year than your entire college. There, I said it."

"Composer Study + Nature Study + Art Study and it's not even lunch."

"I'm AO Old School. Yep, I read the PNEU. Heh."

Okay, I am sorry. I had candy. (It had red dye in it!!! I am (I am not!!) responsible for this post!) There's a reason I told my husband not to buy this stuff. Sheesh!

ETA: Hopefully those are funny to you guys. I hope!
ETA#2: My husband says that those cannot be reasonably called pithy. I dared him to come up with something but he says he hasn't read all the way through Vol 6 yet so he can't be pithy.
ETA#3: Do NOT bring me candy at the retreat. In 14 hours I will be depressed and maudlin. :-(
ETA #4: But I'm not right now and I'm laughing hysterically at my own jokes as I try to read them all with a British accent! ROFL!
ETA #5: Am I the first person to use "Too much candy" as a reason to edit a post?
ETA #6: If you do or have ever found me to be annoying, please forgive me for this post. [Heart <3]
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
(06-19-2015, 02:29 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: "You don't even know who Plutarch is, do you?"
ETA: Hopefully those are funny to you guys. I hope!
ETA#2: My husband says that those cannot be reasonably called pithy. I dared him to come up with something but he says he hasn't read all the way through Vol 6 yet so he can't be pithy.
ETA#3: Do NOT bring me candy at the retreat. In 14 hours I will be depressed and maudlin. :-(
ETA #4: But I'm not right now and I'm laughing hysterically at my own jokes as I try to read them all with a British accent! ROFL!
ETA #5: Am I the first person to use "Too much candy" as a reason to edit a post?
ETA #6: If you do or have ever found me to be annoying, please forgive me for this post. [Heart <3]

I'll take the Plutarch one. Can we get some for the kids too? And I [Heart <3] your ETAs...

I'm going to blame my lack of witty additions on Benadryl (which is better than the allergies I guess). [Huh? I'm Confused!] <<< as close as I can get to a "my sinuses runneth over" face (was that kinda clever at least, without being gross?) [Huh??] [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]

ETA #1: my heart didn't work (wow, sounds bad)
ETA #2: still wasn't right...
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
The following 4 users Like Amy Jo Hines's post:
  • Dawn Duran, MelisaH, NorthLaurel, Primeperiwinkle
I like "Dare me to quote from a 19th century Victorian philosopher CHICK" (bc we all can) ...

and "My Pedagogy can beat your Pedagogy any day" (bc it does!).

LOVE IT!!!

ETA: nope, no edits :)
Rachel L. from Texas
The following 3 users Like rachelrw's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, MelisaH, Subversive Gardener
The Advisory are not "too nice" to make the occasional snarky (and usually uproariously funny) pithy comment, but we are way too cautious to put those things on mugs. ;)
 Karen Glass, mom of four with only one daughter left at home.
Author of Consider This and Mind to Mind , Know and Tell , and In Vital Harmony.
Announcements/AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug?
I love the quote you chose! Can't someone have them at the Northwest conference too? Anyone want to volunteer to mail them out (for paid shipping, of course)? Oh well, hopefully there will be more official AO conferences and I will make it to one eventually...

And I hope you share the logo story after you have revealed it at the conference!
Ariana
2nd generation homeschooler, part-time veterinarian, Coast Guard wife, and full-time mama to 14 yo boy, 10 yo girl, and 8 yo girl.
The following 2 users Like islavet's post:
  • Amanda Hall, phoebebopeep
Jeanne....will you be my friend? [Lovey-dovey smilie]
~DaughterofEve~ (alias Jess)
Fully responsible; fully redeemed

You come of the Lord Adam & the Lady Eve, said Aslan, that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, & shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth. Be content.

Announcements/AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug?
I can only see the tote bag. Does that mean the mug is a standard size white, with the tote logo on one side? What is the deadline to preorder before the conference?
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 1 user Likes laurke's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines
(06-19-2015, 10:06 PM)DaughterofEve Wrote: Jeanne....will you be my friend? [Lovey-dovey smilie]

Of course, Jess. PM me.
Jeanne in Australia
A Peaceful Day
(06-19-2015, 10:16 PM)laurke Wrote: I can only see the tote bag. Does that mean the mug is a standard size white, with the tote logo on one side?  What is the deadline to preorder before the conference?

I am a little fussy with mugs for me (the kids  not so much) so will these be chunky mugs or a fine  China mug for teatime?
~DaughterofEve~ (alias Jess)
Fully responsible; fully redeemed

You come of the Lord Adam & the Lady Eve, said Aslan, that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, & shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth. Be content.

The following 1 user Likes DaughterofEve's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines
(06-19-2015, 02:29 PM)Prime Periwinkle Wrote: "My Pedagogy can beat yours any day buster."...

"My Mom friends read more books last year than your entire college. There, I said it."

Bwahahahahahaha!! Oh, Katie. How I do love you when you are hyped up on sugar.  [balloon smilie] 
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
The following 4 users Like COMama's post:
  • laurke, Lizzie Smith, michelle dawn, Primeperiwinkle

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our book is here! Donna-Jean 13 10,971 10-18-2023, 05:11 AM
Last Post: heddsomewhere
  Our new book! Donna-Jean 13 11,708 10-13-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Zoo Keeper
  Living Book Press discount code lklivingston 0 6,251 03-25-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  A new kind of Plutarch book AnneWhite 25 82,783 09-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  #ao20years Coffee with the Advisory and Auxiliary lklivingston 11 38,900 07-12-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: JCE
  A New Book Buying Option for AO Users! LeslieNoelani 7 30,433 03-28-2021, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener