AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug?
Announcements/RE: AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug?
(06-19-2015, 02:29 PM)Primeperiwinkle Wrote: Will there be an optional mug with a pithy comment that sounds slightly British and elitist? I might buy that one. Maggie Annie once promised me a mug that said Bleh on it. It was so beautiful.

Hey you come to the North West Conference I will come bearing your Bleh mug!
I mean I am already bringing the glow stick swords...
2 Graduated, Year 11-ish, Year 9-ish
*post concussion shenanigans mean punctuation will be complicated at best*
The following 4 users Like MaggieAnnie's post:
  • HeatherEllen, Kathy W., laurke, Primeperiwinkle
Okay, my plan is up to 6 mugs and 6 tote bags. I think that's all I would be able to fit in my carry-on (I pack very lightly). So if you pre-order and pay I will pick them up. So far, it's Ariana and Maggie, and me?
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
The following 1 user Likes Kathy W.'s post:
  • MaggieAnnie
(06-26-2015, 01:42 AM)Kathy W. Wrote: Okay, my plan is up to 6 mugs and 6 tote bags. I think that's all I would be able to fit in my carry-on (I pack very lightly). So if you pre-order and pay I will pick them up. So far, it's Ariana and Maggie, and me?

Sweet! I will go pay and pm you what I ordered!  [cheesy grin]
Hmmm if you wore really baggy cargo pants imagine what else you could carry!
2 Graduated, Year 11-ish, Year 9-ish
*post concussion shenanigans mean punctuation will be complicated at best*
The following 3 users Like MaggieAnnie's post:
  • Kathy W., Lizzie Smith, lklivingston
(06-25-2015, 11:06 AM)COMama Wrote:  In the meantime, do you know how big the mug is? I need A LOT of coffee to get me moving in the mornin.

If I might offer a bit of advice here..... [cheesy grin]

Get yourself something along these lines. Set it on your desk, or the kitchen table, or wherever you happen to be spending your morning.  Make sure it's full of coffee first thing, and then the size of your mug (or even elegant, classy teacup!) won't matter because you can refill it as often as you'd like.  The utter elegance of a porcelain tea pot tends to distract others from the fact that it's allowing you to consume 6 or more cups of coffee on any given morning... In Grand Style.  
2nd-gen homeschooler learning alongside her children: Y11Y10, Y6, Y4, Y3
Moderator in Links and Downloads, Audiobooks/Ereaders/Ebooks, Form II/Years 4-6, and Literature.
The following 7 users Like Lizzie Smith's post:
  • Christy Hissong, COMama, EmilyT, Kathy W., laurke, MelisaH, WendiC
Kathy,
(I feel a little weird asking since I don't know you personally, but....) Is your carry-on space all spoken for? I'd love to get a set. I can Paypal you the shipping.

Thanks!
Cyndy
Cyndy
DS 14 • DD 13 • DD 8 • DD 4
Books are not made for furniture, but there is nothing else that so beautifully furnishes a house.   --Henry Ward Beecher
Announcements/AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug?
I would love a mug AND a tote bag if not all your spots are taken! I'll watch here to see who else takes you up on your kind offer. :-)
Ariana
2nd generation homeschooler, part-time veterinarian, Coast Guard wife, and full-time mama to 14 yo boy, 10 yo girl, and 8 yo girl.
(06-26-2015, 04:09 AM)Ravensgate Wrote: Kathy,
(I feel a little weird asking since I don't know you personally, but....) Is your carry-on space all spoken for? I'd love to get a set. I can Paypal you the shipping.

Thanks!
Cyndy

I'm pm'ing you.
Kathy W.~Northwest by North
"The teacher who allows his scholars the freedom of the city of books is at liberty to be their guide, philosopher and friend; and is no long the mere instrument of forcible intellectual feeding."
Vol. 6
(06-26-2015, 04:08 AM)Lizzie Smith Wrote: If I might offer a bit of advice here..... [cheesy grin]

Get yourself something along these lines.

How funny. My mom has that exact tea service. If I drank a whole pot of coffee, I would be bouncing around like Katie on sugar AND red food dye.   [Ha ha ha ha!]    [balloon smilie]  [cheesy grin]
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
The following 3 users Like COMama's post:
  • Lizzie Smith, MamaSnow, michelle dawn
(06-26-2015, 12:26 PM)COMama Wrote: How funny. My mom has that exact tea service. If I drank a whole pot of coffee, I would be bouncing around like Katie on sugar AND red food dye.   [Ha ha ha ha!]    [balloon smilie]  [cheesy grin]

Oh man. The conversation alone is almost worth it. Can you imagine? You and I would run the gamut from philosophy to theology to probably underwear technology in the first ten minutes and then we'd spend another two hours just nodding and giggling hysterically as we connected bikinis with Dante or something. Lol. ROFL. I think I just came up with a connection!!!

Oh boo. Now I'm sad that you won't be there Sarah. It would have been epic. [cheesy grin]

Thank God for Dawn, Amy Jo, Christy and Laura...

Oh!! Before I forget again. For those of you attending at Indiana and staying at Super 8 ya wanna do something fun? Tape a paper to your door that says your online name, real name and EXACTLY how late at night is too late for me to knock on your door by singing the AO theme song. (It hasn't been created yet but you never know what could happen next.) This way, we'll be able to find each other super fast and I won't bug you by showing up with chocolate past your bedtime. Or whatever I have in the way of goodies. :)
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
Oh my gosh. Will the powers that be sign me up for a coffee mug please? I have to make up for hijacking this (and like nine or twelve) other threads. I'll just write a pithy saying on my mug when and if I ever settle on a cool phrase. :)

ETA: oops, I'll go click on the link that was made for this express purpose on the first page of this delightful thread.
Katie
Laughing fellow rover in Spain, stumbling towards Christ with a hubby and two boys that are more precious than gold. (Currently in Y7 and Y5)
The following 1 user Likes Primeperiwinkle's post:
  • MaggieAnnie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our book is here! Donna-Jean 13 11,304 10-18-2023, 05:11 AM
Last Post: heddsomewhere
  Our new book! Donna-Jean 13 12,050 10-13-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Zoo Keeper
  Living Book Press discount code lklivingston 0 6,306 03-25-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  A new kind of Plutarch book AnneWhite 25 83,268 09-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  #ao20years Coffee with the Advisory and Auxiliary lklivingston 11 39,103 07-12-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: JCE
  A New Book Buying Option for AO Users! LeslieNoelani 7 30,598 03-28-2021, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener