Schedule Changes Years 4, 5, 6
Announcements/RE: Schedule Changes
OK - after my initial panic when I saw the new year 4 book mentioned on FB, I'm feeling much better after reading this. The geography changes are especially good, since it seems several people were doing that anyway. :). And I'm glad to see the Odyssey added in.

Wasn't the Illiad scheduled as a retelling before? It's been a few years since I looked closely at year 6, but I seem to remember the Rosemary Sutcliffe novel being suggested.
- Mandie
Mom to Jack (16 - year 10), Sally (14 - year 9), Molly (10 - year 5), Gareth (8 - year 2), and Sunny (6- year 1)
Occasionally blogging at http://teachingdragonslayers.blogspot.com
The following 2 users Like carpeaeternitatem's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, MichelleChoe
Sutcliffe was an option, but the actual Iliad was scheduled.
Kathy 
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
The following 1 user Likes lklivingston's post:
  • MichelleChoe
Announcements/Schedule Changes
I think she means Ocean of Truth. I think it would be fine to keep it in yr 5 and stick to the old schedule for the science biographies. If you don't mind going through the summer, start anytime and go for it I would stick to one or two chapters a week, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
The following 3 users Like laurke's post:
  • Cindy Belcher, EmilyT, MichelleChoe
(03-22-2017, 02:15 PM)yzomme Wrote: We are on week 22 in AO4, what is the best way to pull this book into this year's readings. A summer read perhaps? or start as soon as possible with it and keep going into summer until finished?

If you are already that far in to Y4, I wouldn't change anything right now. We are just 5 weeks in to Y5 (and obviously did not include the Isaac Newton book in Y4 since that change was just made), so we are reading it now, but I had already slightly tweaked the reading load of Y5 so that we were only going to read 2 of the science bios this year anyway (moved the third to free reading) so the effect is pretty much the same in terms of reading load/page count.

Actually, most of the changes suggested here are ones that I had already made to keep the reading load reasonable for my dd for Y5, and changes that I was already contemplating for Y6 too. I'm happy to know my gut instincts on those adjustments were pretty much spot on. [cheesy grin]
Jen in North Carolina - Mama (Seminary Student) to dd18(!) (Dual Enrollment), ds15 (Y9), dd 13 (Y7)
Moderating in Language Arts/Narration
(03-22-2017, 03:37 PM)lklivingston Wrote: Not usually very often, and you can always stick with the old schedule.

Are there any plans to add or change yr 3 by the fall?
(03-22-2017, 02:15 PM)yzomme Wrote: We are on week 22 in AO4, what is the best way to pull this book into this year's readings.  A summer read perhaps?  or start as soon as possible with it and keep going into summer until finished?

Just glancing at it, I think the main thing you would miss with the new schedule would be Ocean of Truth.  It's a wonderful read but not too hard, you could probably easily do it over the summer, or keep that part of the old Y5 schedule if you wanted (it was in the first term).
Jessie (Y12, Y9, Y6, Y3, Y0 - can't quite bring myself to use pink)
(03-22-2017, 11:05 PM)Benaiah Wrote: Are there any plans to add or change yr 3 by the fall?

No, we're not looking at making any other changes, especially not for Years 1-4. In fact, this isn't a major change, it's a sort of shifting of a couple of things and making adjustments that a lot of people were already making on their own.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 5 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Amy Jo Hines, Christy Hissong, Donna-Jean, ozark mama, phoebebopeep
(03-22-2017, 11:31 PM)giddiegoof Wrote: Just glancing at it, I think the main thing you would miss with the new schedule would be Ocean of Truth.

That's right -- the only change to Year 4 is that a book was added. It could easily be read over the summer.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
(03-22-2017, 11:48 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: No, we're not looking at making any other changes, especially not for Years 1-4. In fact, this isn't a major change, it's a sort of shifting of a couple of things and making adjustments that a lot of people were already making on their own.

Ok,good as it takes a good bit to get my books here to Ukraine and I already have my yr 3 books coming and have finished buying my yr 4 books
Is Ocean of Truth highly preferred over Tiner's biography? If so, why?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk
Renee
mom to 6 blessings: ds16, ds14, dd11, ds6, dd16mo., dd3mo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Schedule Updates lklivingston 142 320,470 02-11-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
  We’ve Made Some Changes To Parts of Years 7-12! Donna-Jean 98 145,819 07-26-2023, 11:33 AM
Last Post: andrealisabeth
  Updated Madam How in text-only version (Years 4 and 5) AnneWhite 0 12,395 07-24-2020, 09:40 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  New! and Improved! Combo years 7/8 and 8/9 LeslieNoelani 19 189,143 08-17-2018, 05:07 AM
Last Post: wanderingstar
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 270,514 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian
  Year 9 Booklist and Schedule Change lklivingston 13 176,847 09-16-2017, 08:42 AM
Last Post: mama2lots
  Chart Schedule Updates lklivingston 34 426,965 08-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  Year 5 Schedule Change lklivingston 5 87,722 07-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Last Post: monica626
  Science Change: Years 2 and 3/Pagoo LeslieNoelani 1 62,199 11-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Phyllis