Save the Date!
Announcements/RE: Save the Date!
How to contextualize CM to where you are geographically - and not feel less-than when not located where others are. For instance, maybe a desert-region family is feeling sorry they don't live near the Great Lakes/eastern woodlands wildlife (and the birds pictured in Burgess), or an urban family hasn't been thriving with their art museums since they're lamenting their lack of acreage and goats. Broader picture of this is, how to not beat yourself up for not living everywhere at the same time or for not capitalizing on every possible opportunity all the time.

Also... will this be close enough to Nashville proper that we could have a non-teaching-parents-and-kids meetup at the Parthenon and Centennial Park?? http://www.nashville.gov/Parks-and-Recre...henon.aspx
____
Years 12, 10 and 7 with my boys - AO from the start

The following 8 users Like HillaryJ's post:
  • astralweaver, Elaine Shutt, Jenna Dilts, MaggieAnnie, MichelleDee, phoebebopeep, Sionna, verkom
(04-15-2018, 11:05 AM)HillaryJ Wrote: Also... will this be close enough to Nashville proper that we could have a non-teaching-parents-and-kids meetup at the Parthenon and Centennial Park?? http://www.nashville.gov/Parks-and-Recre...henon.aspx

We're not quite ready to reveal location and logistics yet, but we'll definitely let you know once all is solidified. For now we just wanted to make people aware of the general vicinity and time frame so that they can plan  "in general" if they are so incline.
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
The following 4 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • Elissa, Heather, HillaryJ, jlallo
I’d love another Swedish Drill class, Dawn!
Ambassador to a spirited little boy:
*Tango (age 11) Year 5
 - Northwest Connecticut
(04-16-2018, 01:21 AM)Mrs.Honey Wrote: I’d love another Swedish Drill class, Dawn!

I think of you often since meeting in TX in 2016, Mrs.Honey! It was so nice to see your name pop up in this space again! 

And - your wish is my command.  ;)
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
The following 3 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • Elissa, Genial, Mrs.Honey
(04-16-2018, 08:37 PM)Dawn Duran Wrote: I think of you often since meeting in TX in 2016, Mrs.Honey! It was so nice to see your name pop up in this space again! 

And - your wish is my command.  ;)

Ditto, Dawn!!! Thank you! I can’t wait to see you again!  Your class was the highlight of Texas for me.  I can’t wait for the next one. Whoot!!
Ambassador to a spirited little boy:
*Tango (age 11) Year 5
 - Northwest Connecticut
The following 1 user Likes Mrs.Honey's post:
  • Dawn Duran
Lord willing I’ll be there!

I would be interested in an AO language arts scope and sequence session.  Take me through the process of how narration and copywork become beautifully written papers in high school.

???
The following 7 users Like ramona's post:
  • CrystalH, Dawn Duran, deefisher31, Genial, Heather, jlallo, riversidemamma
I echo the requests for recorded sessions, etc. I wish so much I could come, but it's not very feasible to travel halfway around the world for such a short time...and I am very thankful for the forum and all I can learn on Here.
Kathy--making a home in Southeast Asia with my wonderful husband, dd age 12 (year 6), ds age 10 (year 4), and ds age 9, (year 3).
The following 5 users Like KathyM's post:
  • Dawn Duran, Donna-Jean, Elissa, Heather, Subversive Gardener
(04-07-2018, 06:48 PM)BecTasmanian Wrote: I live 27 hours away, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE record the Plenary sessions. I have listened to "The Heart of AO" and "Ends and Beginnings" and "Narration and Synthetic Thinking" and "Renewing Your Mind" and "The Uncommon Core" over and over and over.
Where can I get these?

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk
The following 1 user Likes lcole's post:
  • BecTasmanian
Announcements/Save the Date!
(04-16-2018, 01:21 AM)Mrs.Honey Wrote: I’d love another Swedish Drill class, Dawn!

Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rochelle

The following 1 user Likes riversidemamma's post:
  • Dawn Duran
(04-21-2018, 08:39 PM)lcole Wrote: Where can I get these?

https://sellfy.com/AmblesideOnline
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 12)
The following 3 users Like Phyllis's post:
  • BecTasmanian, lcole, sophiewise

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2016 AO Conference!!! SAVE THE DATE!!!! WendiC 517 6,293,174 05-27-2016, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Sendy_Green