AO's Acceptable Use License
Announcements/AO's Acceptable Use License
This thread is for clarification and discussion of Ambleside Online's Acceptable Use License.

The Advisory provides the AmblesideOnline curriculum and all the helpful ancillary resources as a free service. However, although the curriculum is free, it is still copyrighted. Any republishing of the content, either on paper or electronically (such as on a blog or website), requires written Advisory permission. This material represents many long hours of Advisory toil, and we appreciate the respect you show by linking to our website rather than republishing its contents (other than short attributed quotes) elsewhere.

We'll be revising this Q&A section that Amy, one of our wonderful Auxiliary moms, started as we see what additional questions we need to include. ;)

Q: May I copy the site and link to it as my own work?
A: umm... NO. but thank you for asking.

Q: May I publish printables & schedules which use the AO years and Subject Rotations?
A: We are quite happy for families to use and make sundry helpful printables for their families' personal use, and/or to share gratis with the AO community via the forum. However, we ask that the Ambleside Online materials (pretty much anything taken from the website) not be used for personal gain or reposted elsewhere on the web. If you are in doubt about a specific project and whether or not it complies, please ask.

Q: May I quote from the CM series or from a Parent's Review article on my website or blog?
A: Yes! Please do! UNLESS your motive happens to be that of boosting visits to your site by mirroring ours. Which we can't really imagine than any of you lovelies would even think of doing. However, if that were the case, we'd thank you to please refer your readers to our site for the original text.

Q: May I print copies of the CM series or PR articles?
A: We'd love for you to print materials for use in personal study or in small group study settings. HOWEVER, we reserve the right to grant or withhold permission to print for reselling purposes.
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]

Messages In This Thread
AO's Acceptable Use License - by LeslieNoelani - 04-08-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by tui_song - 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by tui_song - 05-19-2013, 12:12 PM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by Amy Jo Hines - 08-04-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by KayPelham - 08-04-2013, 03:54 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by WendiC - 08-04-2013, 04:05 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by WendiC - 08-04-2013, 04:02 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by suzukimom - 08-04-2013, 04:02 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by Lizzie Smith - 08-04-2013, 04:43 AM
RE: AO's Acceptable Use License - by Amy Jo Hines - 08-04-2013, 05:35 AM