Our new book!
Announcements/RE: Our new book!
(10-12-2023, 02:13 PM)CrazyMama Wrote: How does a person get their library to have this book?

The library I know has an online form to request purchases. I can put in up to 5 requests a month.
Phyllis in Ukraine, with Jaan (AO grad), Raia (AO grad), Asya (age 16), Bogdan (age 13)
The following 2 users Like Phyllis's post:
  • CrazyMama, MaggieAnnie
(10-12-2023, 02:13 PM)CrazyMama Wrote: How does a person get their library to have this book?

I've requested books by asking at the help desk and then filling out a paper form. I had to put the ISBN and explain why I thought the library should have the book.
Second Generation Homeschooler w/ one daughter, Year 4
and two daughters, one son, and at least three more babies in heaven.
https://awdowner.com
The following 2 users Like Sammie2's post:
  • CrazyMama, MaggieAnnie

Well in my case I am married to the Librarian [Heart <3] [Leave me alone. I'm reading.] [cheesy grin]

But depending on how home-school friendly your library is in general ...and the particular librarian that is in charge of the nonfiction section... and how much book budget they have left in the year if they even had a book budget at all [:P cheesy, cheesy!] you simply go online or in person to the main desk and ask to do a purchase request once the book is released.

It also helps to get your friends to request it as well.

And along that note make it a habit to check out any available CM books and good living books and classics regularly even if you have read them even if you only keep it a day or two that way there is consistent check out records for good books and they are more likely to keep it on the shelves and buy a new good books because they have notable circulation numbers to justify to the city/county etc...
2 Graduated, Year 11-ish, Year 9-ish
*post concussion shenanigans mean punctuation will be complicated at best*
The following 2 users Like MaggieAnnie's post:
  • Lizzie Smith, Zoo Keeper
(10-13-2023, 04:32 AM)MaggieAnnie Wrote: Well in my case I am married to the Librarian [Heart <3] [Leave me alone. I'm reading.] [cheesy grin]

But depending on how home-school friendly your library is in general ...and the particular librarian that is in charge of the nonfiction section... and how much book budget they have left in the year if they even had a book budget at all [:P cheesy, cheesy!] you simply go online or in person to the main desk and ask to do a purchase request once the book is released.

And along that note make it a habit to check out any available CM books and good living books and classics regularly even if you have read them even if you only keep it a day or two that way there is consistent check out records for good books and they are more likely to keep it on the shelves and buy a new good books because they have notable circulation numbers to justify to the city/county etc...
^
Yes! Please do this as you are able for your local library. I regularly check out classics and other good books I already own so that the library can see that *people want these books*. So much of library funding and purchasing of new books is based on records of library usage, so please, give your local library a reason to keep good books available.
Zoo Keeper

The following 1 user Likes Zoo Keeper's post:
  • MaggieAnnie

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Our book is here! Donna-Jean 13 13,083 10-18-2023, 05:11 AM
Last Post: heddsomewhere
  Living Book Press discount code lklivingston 0 6,510 03-25-2022, 09:28 PM
Last Post: lklivingston
  A new kind of Plutarch book AnneWhite 25 85,791 09-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Last Post: AnneWhite
  A New Book Buying Option for AO Users! LeslieNoelani 7 31,449 03-28-2021, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Subversive Gardener
  AO Book Bag? AO Coffee Mug? LeslieNoelani 67 918,254 09-13-2015, 12:22 PM
Last Post: BarbaraM