New AO Geography Topics!
Announcements/RE: New AO Geography Topics!
So any practical ways how to schedule those? Once a week or every other ideas? Thanks Friederike
Also is it best to do it w/ each child by themselves or combine it as a family? My dc are 2 years aprt in age. Thanks Friederike
Announcements/New AO Geography Topics!
I would start at the earliest topic you haven't incidentally covered and do it together. The intent of spreading the books out like they did was so it would be easy to discuss sometime during the terms. To make sure you don't forget, you could schedule it monthly alongside a geography read or add it on a weekend, even.
Laura & sons, yr 10 and yr 0  [cheesy grin]
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
I'm also still wondering if we should just do it together, since I will have two nearer the top than the bottom.
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
Newbie here. What books are you talking about? I looked for "Charlotte Mason Geography" on Gutenberg but found nothing. Does anyone know the exact title of this or the "Long" book? Thanks for any help, and thank you to the AO team for this great site!!
(07-07-2013, 02:30 AM)andretam Wrote: Newbie here. What books are you talking about? I looked for "Charlotte Mason Geography" on Gutenberg but found nothing. Does anyone know the exact title of this or the "Long" book? Thanks for any help, and thank you to the AO team for this great site!!

Welcome to the Forum, andretam!
You will find some of the information you seek on this page on the AO website. The Mason book is entitled Elementary Geography and can be found here. The "Long book" :) is entitled Home Geography for Primary Grades and it is by C.C. Long. It can be found online here.
~~ Annie ~~
"If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies;
and if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees....let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for."
The following 2 users Like Annie HL's post:
  • andretam, Linz{at}home
This is awesome. I have been reading through CM's Volume 1, and when I read through the Geography section, I liked it so much. I just didn't know how to go about leading my DCs in an age-appropriate quest! Thank you! And for the links too, Annie HL :-) . I've got them both downloaded on my iPad's Kindle app.
[Heart <3] Kristyn 
aka: RaggedyPrincess
Mama to three: Royal (06/2006), Alice (09/2008) and Almanzo (01/2012)
Find me over at {Beracá Valley Academy}

The following 1 user Likes RaggedyPrincess's post:
  • Annie HL
Wow! I wish I would have seen this before completing my plans for the year. I have Voskamp's Geography 1 on schedule.

I like the spread throughout the grades.
Paula
Teaching mine Under the Willow Tree     Sharing our resources at Lulu.com 

Ann Voskamp's Geography book is scheduled for science, (earth science, etc) even though she wrote is as a geography book.

You can still go both! The scheduled topics should only take a bit of time, say during nature study or outside time. If my understanding is correct, the books don't even have to be read. CM thought these topics could be learned simply by the mother discussing with the child.... am I right?
8 kids in AO years 2-11. After traveling fulltime for 3 years, we settled in Alabama.... for now! 
The following 1 user Likes michelle dawn's post:
  • CottageSchool
(07-13-2013, 01:12 AM)michelle dawn Wrote: The scheduled topics should only take a bit of time, say during nature study or outside time. If my understanding is correct, the books don't even have to be read. CM thought these topics could be learned simply by the mother discussing with the child.... am I right?

Yes, you are right. :)
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 1 user Likes LeslieNoelani's post:
  • CottageSchool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Geography Addition: Years 4-6 LeslieNoelani 22 271,135 03-11-2018, 07:33 AM
Last Post: BecTasmanian