Please Read: Regarding Ambleside Online's Copyright Policy
Announcements/RE: Please Read: Regarding Ambleside Online's Copyright Policy
I may be a minority but I actually liked some of the "outdated stuff," I am not referring to only the list of AO plans but the weekly, daily, etc. planners that others have made. Also I miss some of the older book selections and or changes made to the readings. I know AO is always trying to become better but I sure would like to have access to that "old" stuff.
Mandy
oldest (1995) AO grad, Middle (2002) AO 7, and Littles (2009, 2011) Tweaked AO2/AO 0
(02-10-2014, 06:53 AM)Mrs. Mandy Wrote: I may be a minority but I actually liked some of the "outdated stuff," I am not referring to only the list of AO plans but the weekly, daily, etc. planners that others have made. Also I miss some of the older book selections and or changes made to the readings. I know AO is always trying to become better but I sure would like to have access to that "old" stuff.

Here are a couple of helps in that area....

http://www.amblesideonline.org/old.shtml
http://www.amblesideonline.org/ScienceChanges2011.html

And keep in mind that all those files are still there on the Yahoo Group.
[-] The following 2 users Like MelisaH's post:
laurke (02-10-2014), Zoo Keeper (02-11-2014)
I can't get they files off the old yahoo group because I left it and came back after it closed I guess. This is a great help though, thanks! Sometimes I guess I just don't know what search words to use or I am putting them in not quite right, I don't know :/
Mandy
oldest (1995) AO grad, Middle (2002) AO 7, and Littles (2009, 2011) Tweaked AO2/AO 0
I want to make sure I'm not violating any copyright laws regarding the MHLW Study Guide by Anne White.  For Y4 terms 2 and 3 I created a board on Pinterest and pinned many links from the study guide.  I was planning on doing the same for Y5, but then it occurred to me..."is this okay?"  I did note in the description that many of the links are from the Study Guide/AO and provided the link.  I'm just not sure if this is enough to adhere to copyright laws.
Vanessa
Mom to five, four boys and a girl.
I honestly have no idea about the legalities, but it's fine with me.
Anne White, Southern Ontario. Retired AO Mom.
My book page at Amazon

[-] The following 4 users Like AnneWhite's post:
Brandy Vencel (05-13-2015), lklivingston (05-13-2015), MelisaH (05-13-2015), Vanessa (05-13-2015)
Announcements/Please Read: Regarding Ambleside Online's Copyright Policy
That's what I did with all my AO boards- I linked to the website in the board descriptions, and try to keep those boards just AO recommended stuff, but sometimes I add to it, since a lot of users do follow those boards and the purpose is to be helpful. :)
Laura & son, yr 6 
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
Only Children, Foster/Adopt, Chit-Chat mod
[-] The following 2 users Like laurke's post:
Lizzie Smith (05-13-2015), Vanessa (05-13-2015)
(05-12-2015, 09:02 PM)AnneWhite Wrote: I honestly have no idea about the legalities, but it's fine with me.

A big sigh of relief that it is fine!  That was also my other concern.  Thank you. 
Vanessa
Mom to five, four boys and a girl.
What a helpful idea to use Pinterest for links. I haven't looked at the study guide you mention, but I think this could also be done with the many links in the notes of the AO lesson plans...but would this be ok? It wouldn't be a reposting of AO material, just a collection of bookmarks pertaining to the year. I could even make them part of a private board, if there were any concerns. What do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Angela ~I am a child of God~
Classicist, Writer, Wife & Mama to 5
IG: @athena_amidstthereeds | CMiRL Team @charlottemasonirl
(07-27-2015, 04:06 AM)arogueangel Wrote: What a helpful idea to use Pinterest for links. I haven't looked at the study guide you mention, but I think this could also be done with the many links in the notes of the AO lesson plans...but would this be ok? It wouldn't be a reposting of AO material, just a collection of bookmarks pertaining to the year. I could even make them part of a private board, if there were any concerns. What do you think?

Yes, please go ahead.
Kathy  ~Year 0, Form II, Language Arts, and Bible.~
For we are God’s handiwork, recreated in Christ Jesus, that we may do those good works which God predestined for us, that we should walk in them.
That's what I've tried to do, but haven't completed the work :)

Laura & son, yr 6 
Blog, Pinterest, FB , IG, Goodreads
Only Children, Foster/Adopt, Chit-Chat mod

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Year 7 Free Read Change lklivingston 8 37,142 10-06-2016, 01:19 AM
Last Post: lklivingston
Exclamation PLEASE READ: Routine Maintenance this week MelisaH 1 18,575 08-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Last Post: MelisaH
Exclamation PLEASE READ: Routine Maintenance this weekend MelisaH 20 130,142 04-08-2014, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Dawn Duran