Advisory Blog
Announcements/Advisory Blog
If you haven't visited the Advisory blog yet, we'd love to have you stop by.

Today we have a new post about the Parents' Review articles on the website. Have you ever wondered where they come from, how we acquired them? I think it's a pretty neat little story.

Read about it here.
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
The following 3 users Like WendiC's post:
  • Annie HL, Cindy Belcher, NorthLaurel
Announcements/RE: Advisory Blog
Wow what a great story. Now I need to go read the volume II articles ... :)
Amy, who wishes to be a hobbit :)
Two homeschool graduates (DS20, DS19)
Currently homeschooling (DS16, DD13)
(10-15-2013, 12:18 AM)WendiC Wrote: Today we have a new post about the Parents' Review articles on the website. Have you ever wondered where they come from, how we acquired them? I think it's a pretty neat little story.

That was very informative. Wendi, even I didn't realize how rare and priceless Volume II was. That explains why I couldn't persuade you to mail it to me. :)
"Our aim in Education is to give a Full Life." -- Mom to 4 AO Graduates, Grandma to 3
"Practically, nearly, almost and in all ways visible to normal mortals Invincible" (due to the diplomatic immunity of Admin.) [cheesy grin]
The following 5 users Like LeslieNoelani's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, mamacharzy, MelisaH, NorthLaurel, WendiC
During the days I had those volumes in my own hot little hands, I may or may not have been seen to stroke them madly and hiss 'my precioussssss' over them. I will neither confirm nor deny. Big Grin

I got such a kick out of this quote - and I think we all can relate to your "close call" on that one.
:)

and unspoken but unanimous agreement among the Advisory that our purpose was to share rather than make a profit from the Parents' Reviews

And this....I am sitting here with tears of gratitude streaming down my face. [Huh? I'm Confused!]hy: The AO Advisory....what you have done....is such a blessing to so many families! I have been a CM/AO mom for nearly as long as I have been homeschooling - 18+ years now - and I am so grateful to you dear, sweet ladies (and to your families!), for all you have given to my children. In this day and age, it is unfathomable that you would do so with no thought of personal financial gain.

May God richly bless you and may you each know how grateful we all are.
[Heart <3]
~~ Annie ~~
"If sinners will be damned, at least let them leap to hell over our bodies;
and if they will perish, let them perish with our arms about their knees....let not one go there unwarned and unprayed for."
The following 10 users Like Annie HL's post:
  • , Cindy Belcher, COMama, Crazy_Fun_Family, Dawn Duran, EmilyT, Joy, laurel :), MamaSnow, WendiC
(10-15-2013, 01:52 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: That was very informative. Wendi, even I didn't realize how rare and priceless Volume II was. That explains why I couldn't persuade you to mail it to me. :)

That, and honestly, my post office is really unreliable when it comes to 'stuff.' Books have been lost or damaged, my youngest daughter has had things like friendship bracelets made by a little girl from embroidery floss stolen, and we quit selling breakables online because this post office broke at least half of what we mailed (we had done this before we moved here without trouble).
Wendi C, Advisory, mom to 7, grandma to 14
Education for All, CM Journal/e-zine
Blog: WendiWanders
I'm so thankful to all who have sacrificed in order to make AO available to us. We are just beginning our journey in Y1, and I'm thrilled to be able to use this wonderful curriculum with my children. I totally agree with everything Annie said. May God's richest blessings be showered upon you all!
Cindy
Psalm 73:25-26
The following 3 users Like Cindy Belcher's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, COMama, NorthLaurel
Is it possible to subscribe to the blog by email? I have never been able to figure out RSS feeds, and I can't get the blog to recognize my iPad feed reader app anyway.
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
(10-15-2013, 01:38 PM)COMama Wrote: Is it possible to subscribe to the blog by email? I have never been able to figure out RSS feeds, and I can't get the blog to recognize my iPad feed reader app anyway.

I was able to subscribe by just copying and pasting the web address (NOT the feed address) into my feed reader, and it picked it up from there. I don't know about your iPad reader, but maybe pasting the address would work?

Oh! I think this is the actual feed address: http://archipelago7.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default
Brandy Afterthoughts | Scholé Sisters
Co-Overseer of CM Study Hall (from Bible to PR Typing)
Moderator of General CM Series Discussion, PR Articles, and CM Co-ops and Schools
Thanks, Brandy. It didn't occur to me to add it from my reader app rather than the website. Duh!
Sarah L
Married to The Man — Mama to 3 girls: Teacup (early college), Tempest (Y11), and Tiger (Y8)
Moderator: Form I, Meet/Greet, Art — Blogging at A Generous Education
The following 1 user Likes COMama's post:
  • Brandy Vencel
(10-15-2013, 01:38 PM)COMama Wrote: Is it possible to subscribe to the blog by email? I have never been able to figure out RSS feeds, and I can't get the blog to recognize my iPad feed reader app anyway.

Sounds like your issue was resolved with Brandy's help, Sarah, but for anyone else having this issue laurke recommended using Bloglovin as a means of acquiring blog posts to my email on a daily basis and I have loved it. I don't use the RSS feed and I often forget to check blogs that don't have daily posts, so this has been wonderful. In fact, the latest Advisory post showed up in my email this am:).
“When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”~Erasmus
Moderating in History & Geography and Physical Education
The following 4 users Like Dawn Duran's post:
  • Brandy Vencel, COMama, laurke, NorthLaurel

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The AmblesideOnline Advisory Resource Shelf Donna-Jean 10 13,674 05-26-2023, 07:29 AM
Last Post: dcil2479
  The Advisory Donna-Jean 20 28,249 03-26-2023, 01:29 AM
Last Post: AgentRaisinPaste
  #ao20years Coffee with the Advisory and Auxiliary lklivingston 11 39,118 07-12-2021, 10:51 AM
Last Post: JCE