AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Setting Default Subscription Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why can I not find this? I cannot find where to set the option to subscribe (or not) by default to any thread to which I reply. Or the option to default to email or no email for subscriptions. I thought it was in Options under User CP, but I can't find it there.
So when you click New Reply, in the Thread Subscription box, it does not automatically indicate the "Subscribe and Receive email notification of new replies"?

Just wondering, because I don't ever remember checking a default setting like that (doesn't mean I didn't - I just don't remember that). [Uh, wut?]
I could have sworn I originally set it to default to one or the other. Of course that can be over-ridden for individual posts. But maybe I just imagined setting that option!
We might very well have done that in the beginning. Maybe it is something that got changed along the way.
Yes, you set it when you signed up. If you want to change it now, then go UserCP>Edit Options (on the sidebar), and look under "Messaging and Notification."
I think I know what happened. Is the email setting not an option for HEO folks? I was looking at dd's UserCP when I couldn't find it. I see it in mine! I will look at hers again.
(02-02-2014, 12:13 AM)lklivingston Wrote: [ -> ]I think I know what happened. Is the email setting not an option for HEO folks?

Didn't we remove the email option for students for safety reasons? If we did, I think they would lose the option to subscribe to threads by email.
Yep, that is what I'm thinking too. Somehow that didn't occur to me until I went to my UserCP and saw the settings still there.
They should still have email. I thought we just turned off PMs for them?
I can see both buttons, but I think Phyllis is right.
Pages: 1 2