AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: How to include a photo in a post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I have some photos I'd like to put in a post. When I try the "insert image" button, it asks for a URL. I do have a Shutterfly account, but when I tried to practice with one of my photos there, it didn't work. How do I do this? Thanks!
When you right-click on the picture you would like to upload, a menu should open with an option of "View Image". That's going to open a new tab/window with the picture itself, and the URL that it gives you in the address-bar is what you have to put into the "Insert Image" box.

It's possible that it's just Shutterfly refusing to cooperate, I've never used it before so I'm not sure; What I do, personally, is add the pictures to a private album on Facebook (Set it to viewing-privileges: yourself only) and then put them up from there, if that's an option for you?
It's super easy from phone using Tapatalk app. I've done it from the computer- but the pic has to be public for it to work, I think. Maybe change a setting at shutterfly, or try picasa (Google +) or something else?
PhotoBucket is an easy option, too.
Okay! I poked around on Shutterfly a bit more, and am trying this link to my dh and dd from a snowball fight last year. Testing, testing, 1, 2, 3, testing.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welco...UZuGrVo5cW
The link works, but if you want to include the photo in a forum post, you have to get its actual URL, like this:

[Image: cwvDm9asA3Lw9atmAbl5etGTDg]
Hey! How'd you do that?!? [:P cheesy, cheesy!]

Anyway, I made a "share site" at Shutterfly and put the photos on that, then included the link in my post--it's in the Bible forum under the CM Sunday School thread. That will work just as well…I think… :)

Thanks, everyone!
Just testing again...
[Image: welcome.sfly?fid=8b4d3756ffa8fb2b&sid=8UZuGrVo5cW]
Hmmm, that didn't work. I copied the website address for that photo at the top of my screen. What did you do, Phyllis, to get that photo into your post?
Try and put it in between these: [img] [/img]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5