AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: I was cut off from the forum for almost two weeks.. Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hope one of you wonderful techy ladies can help me, because the thought of being without the access to this forum is terrifying to me.

Since about April 29th (that's when my last read post was, before I got in again) I could not get to the forum. Not on my computer at home, not on my tablet and not on my computer at work. I've tried from my favorites, tried from Ableside Online main page, from google, from different blogs that linked to the forum site, none worked. This is the msg. I was getting:

MY BB - in big blue letters and pic. of a cloud
MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
126 - Incorrect key file for table './amblesi1_myBB/mybb_sessions.MYI'; try to repair it
Query:
DELETE FROM mybb_sessions WHERE uid='625'
Please contact the MyBB Group for support

this last part "MyBB Group" is a link that takes you to, I guess, forum hosting site, but no help there at all.

Yesterday, I went to Chrome on my work computer to do something else, and decided to try the forum then.... It worked, I was on.
Still would not work on IE on the same computer. Then I've tried at home - worked on chrome on my computer at home, not on IE. Tried the android tablet, got the same msg. when using my tablet browser, but then I've installed Chrome app and it worked.
That's when I was able to figure out how long I was without - terrifying experience. I was happy, until today when I tried at work again on chrome - the same msg. appeared. I can't figure out why, what am I doing wrong. I was able to go to chrome settings, reset them to default, even though I never changed them in the first place, just trying to do something, and then went back to the page with the mgs. and refreshed - it worked again. So, here I am, asking for help and afraid I won't be able to get to this site again... what then? If you can reply here and on main yahoo group (just in case I am cut off again and can't fix it) I'll be sleeping at night again. Thank you for all your help in advance.
Kathy Tomkowicz
I wonder if this has anything to do with our SSL certificate, which recently needed renewing?
Kathy, have you tried dumping your cache and temp files?
(05-09-2014, 06:02 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if this has anything to do with our SSL certificate, which recently needed renewing?

Leslie, I would think if it were related to that a whole lot of other people would have the issue. Might be worth putting in a ticket.
I had the same message some time ago and after a couple of days I sent Phyllis an email and she had to do something on her end.
Kathy currently cannot get on the forum at all, even with Chrome. Stay tuned!
Hi,
I am on, but only from my work computer. I logged in from home via logmein, and even then had to do the re-setting of chrome again to get on the forum. I panicked yesterday, because it stopped working on my tablet, on chrome app. I can't check chrome on home computer, because it would not download - I'll try again. Please keep me posted via email, since it is very unstable and I don't know if I'll be able to go on work computer again. kasia-is@sympatico.ca

Thank you for looking into this.
Kathy
I am on now at home too, on my home computer on chrome... still not on chrome app on the tablet, even though it was okay for a day.

thx.
Kathy
I did one fix and emailed you, Kasia. Like I said in the email, I still have more ideas, if that wasn't enough. We will get you back in!
(05-10-2014, 04:01 AM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]I did one fix and emailed you, Kasia. Like I said in the email, I still have more ideas, if that wasn't enough. We will get you back in!

Thank you everyone!
I am back on - all browser, all computers and the tablet too, yey.

still I am very curious if it was something to do with me? was anyone else affected or was I singled out by this MyBB thing :)

This experience made me realize how much help this forum has been for me (don't want to use the word "addicted" here) and I made a resolution to post more and try to be more helpful for others, just coming in. I've been only reading so far, or asking questions, at best. Will do better, promise. :)
Pages: 1 2