AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Subforum listed in each post?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if it is possible to include the subforum along with the thread title at the beginning of each post? I find myself forgetting if I am in one forum or another when I try to keep my reply on-topic, but I have to go to the top to rediscover which subforum I am replying in.

(Or perhaps it is included somewhere in the post and I just don't see it?)
(08-15-2012, 12:36 PM)Katie Barr Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it is possible to include the subforum along with the thread title at the beginning of each post? I find myself forgetting if I am in one forum or another when I try to keep my reply on-topic, but I have to go to the top to rediscover which subforum I am replying in.

It would be helpful for me, too. But I don't know of a way to make that happen.
there's not a place for code up in the top of the pages? up there in the heading, where the code for putting the Subject of the post into the title of the webpage? Like right now, i see at the VERY TIP TOP of my browser, the title for this post. The coding for that might be like <subject> within a <title> code. Seems there would be another field <_____> that could possibly also be inserted inside the title to include the name of the forum, so it would show in the webpage title. Thus....

Subforum Listed in each post? -Tech Support (Parent and Student Access) - Mozilla Firefox

anyway, just came to mind. obviously i've no idea how "open source" the BB software truly is. grin.
Something like this? ^
(08-15-2012, 10:42 PM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this? ^

You really are most incredibly clever, Phyllis, darling. Truly.
(08-15-2012, 10:42 PM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]Something like this? ^

Yay! My hero! Now I have no excuse for going off-topic. [cheesy grin]
yay, phyllis! brava!
excellent. that has been an issue for me as well! I was like - okay, am I in only children or special needs?! they seem to have a lot overlap, LOL
Oh, goody. The old granny brain thanks you muchly.
Phyllis, has anyone told you lately how much we appreciate you and how brilliant you are? Thank you for all your hard work!