AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Font Colour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Can I change the colour of the font that appears on the board? Much of the font is a very very pale aqua colour that against a white background is very hard to read. It may be pretty but I find it rather a strain on the eyes.

regards
Jane
I also forgot to mention that when that pale aqua colour is also a link it then changes to a very pale grey making the print almost completely impossible to see[Uh, wut?]
regards
Jane
You can't, but I can try to darken it. :) Give me a little while....
Here is a link in text. Is that was you were talking about?
You might want to try changing the color saturation on your monitor to see if that helps. I said 'saturation', but it might be one of the other monitor color options that helps.

It might help, too, if you increased the font size on your screen. I can do it through my computer management options, but I prefer to do it through my browser. I use Firefox and change the screen font size by doing to View > Zoom > Zoom In. You can also choose to Zoom Text Only, so that not everything on the screen gets huge.

You can do the text thing on Internet Explorer by going to the little gear-looking icon (Settings) > Zoom > and then choose the zoom % you want, or the Zoom In or Out option.

Hope this helps somewhat!
Yes, Stephanie's suggestion might help.

I've been making more changes, too. First I just darkened up what we already had, but then today I changed the link color completely. Is it better or worse now?
(08-16-2012, 08:19 PM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, Stephanie's suggestion might help.

I've been making more changes, too. First I just darkened up what we already had, but then today I changed the link color completely. Is it better or worse now?

I refreshed but do not see any difference. Thank you for trying.....

regards
Jane
oh and zooming in on text doesnt change the difficulty with the paleness of the text - I already knew about and use that quite often but thank you :-)
Now it should be completely different. Are you using a regular computer or some kind of mobile device? What browser?
the link colour is now purple so some change. i use firefox on a mac.

regards
Jane
Pages: 1 2 3