AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: AO Science!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(06-26-2014, 07:48 AM)Amy Jo Wrote: [ -> ]Year 4 had Building Foundations Of Scientific Understanding added (of what I saw).

Year 4 had a picture book added - Gregor Mendel, the Friar Who Grew Peas. He did experiements with genetics.

And Building Foundations Of Scientific Understanding was added as an optional suggestion for Years 3-7.
LOVE! Thanks to everyone who is working tirelessly to make AO science live and breathe!
Yes, I forgot to note it was optional. [cheesy grin] I get lazy on my phone.

And why not have your year 8 students do some of the new books in year 7? I'm sure they will be relevant to that age as well.
(06-26-2014, 08:10 AM)Amy Jo Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I forgot to note it was optional. [cheesy grin] I get lazy on my phone.

And why not have your year 8 students do some of the new books in year 7? I'm sure they will be relevant to that age as well.

My year 8 student is doing just that. ;) And BFSU continues into year 8 as an option as well. Other suggestions could be found in the science forum I am sure.
(06-26-2014, 07:56 AM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]Year 4 had a picture book added - Gregor Mendel, the Friar Who Grew Peas. He did experiements with genetics.

Shoot, DS's already read it. We have that one lying around. It's a good one!
(06-26-2014, 12:47 PM)Sonia Wrote: [ -> ]Shoot, DS's already read it.

Then you're ahead of the game! This is one that could be borrowed from the library and read in one sitting.
(06-26-2014, 12:47 PM)Sonia Wrote: [ -> ]Shoot, DS's already read it. We have that one lying around. It's a good one!

Oh I hate when that happens!
Has he read Theodoric's Rainbow?
We like them both ;)
(06-26-2014, 12:47 PM)Sonia Wrote: [ -> ]Shoot, DS's already read it. We have that one lying around. It's a good one!

One less book that he needs to narrate! :-) You certainly don't need to worry about reading this ahead of time. We just want kids to have read it sometime!
(06-26-2014, 01:28 PM)MaggieAnnie Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I hate when that happens!
Has he read Theodoric's Rainbow?
We like them both ;)

He hasn't! I'll look it up.
Great news! They sound like wonderful additions.
Pages: 1 2 3 4