AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: "Quote This Post" Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do I use the "Quote this post" button on the lower right corner of a post. I think I know what I would like it to do, but I have no idea what it actually does or how to do it.

Gratefully,
You click on the "New Reply" button and it will be quoted in the reply. (Instead of using the "quick reply" function at the bottom of the page.)
(10-16-2014, 06:31 AM)heretoglory Wrote: [ -> ]How do I use the "Quote this post" button on the lower right corner of a post. I think I know what I would like it to do, but I have no idea what it actually does or how to do it.

Gratefully,

Assume you mean the little '+' button.....

(10-16-2014, 06:53 AM)Queen of Carrots Wrote: [ -> ]You click on the "New Reply" button and it will be quoted in the reply. (Instead of using the "quick reply" function at the bottom of the page.)

And by clicking on the '+' button on various previous replies, you get ALL of the ones you clicked on quoted in the reply... that is how you can quote multiple people.
(10-16-2014, 07:59 AM)suzukimom Wrote: [ -> ]Assume you mean the little '+' button.....

I just love when I learn new things about how to use this forum. Yes, that is what I mean, the '+' button.

I suppose, though, I can only use it to quote within a thread. It cannot be used to quote from one thread into another thread, is that correct?

Gratefully,
(10-16-2014, 08:32 AM)heretoglory Wrote: [ -> ]I just love when I learn new things about how to use this forum. Yes, that is what I mean, the '+' button.

I suppose, though, I can only use it to quote within a thread. It cannot be used to quote from one thread into another thread, is that correct?

Gratefully,

No, but you could copy the section out of the "new reply" and then switch to the other thread and paste it using your computer's standard copy/paste feature.
You can use it to quote in other threads!
(10-16-2014, 09:03 AM)Jeanne Webb Wrote: [ -> ]You can use it to quote in other threads!

Jeanne,

How do I do that? This is what I tried:

I selected the '+' button.

Then, I navigated to a new thread and chose 'New Reply."

However, no quote showed up like it does when I am within the same thread.

Gratefully,
(10-16-2014, 09:18 AM)heretoglory Wrote: [ -> ]Jeanne,

How do I do that? This is what I tried:

I selected the '+' button.

Then, I navigated to a new thread and chose 'New Reply."

However, no quote showed up like it does when I am within the same thread.

Gratefully,

Oh, sorry. It works for me, but I have Auxiliary superpowers so I might be able to do extra stuff. [Uh, wut?]
Thank you for asking. Now *I* have learned how to quote multiple people!
You should be able to use it on other threads. I just tested it from a regular user's account, and it worked fine. If it's not working for you, that might be because of something in your computer's settings.

Try this: select a post to quote and click the plus on it. Then go to another thread and scroll down to the bottom. Do you see this?

[Image: posting_zps60b2ed15.jpg]

If not, then reload/refresh the page.
Pages: 1 2