AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: How to post picture/avatar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, I'm finally going to ask because I cannot figure out how to include my picture with my posts (an avatar I suppose). It always says it is not the correct number of pixels and I have tried all types of pictures and gave up.

Shelley
Shelley,

Near the top of the forum, you will see a long, horizontal, light gray rectangle starting with the words "Welcome back." In that same line you will see "User CP." Click on "User CP." You will see a column menu on the left. Under "Your Profile" choose "Change Avatar." You can select the "Browse" button in the "Custom Avatar" section to choose a picture from your hard drive or you can paste a URL.
I'll give it another try. Thank you Dawn Girl. I believe this is what I've done, but then when it tries to paste it never "sticks". Shelley
It sounds like your image is too big, CottageSchool. You can resize a large image by posting it to FaceBook, saving it, and adding the saved image. That resizes it, if you have no other method of doing that.
(10-16-2014, 11:09 AM)CottageSchool Wrote: [ -> ]It always says it is not the correct number of pixels and I have tried all types of pictures and gave up.

Shelley,

I don't know how it missed this. I think I told you everything you already new. Jeanne, thank you for answering the real question.
Yeah, I got a picture up. It's not terribly clear but I'll keep looking for a better one. Thanks. Shelley
Way to keep at it. I think you picked a great picture.
I am trying to add a picture and a signature but I do not have the "user cp" in my gray bar help please. I am usually really good at this stuff.

Katie!
Never mind I found it!!