AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Boolean search?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the syntax for a boolean search? For instance, if I want to find where "Burgess" and "mockingbird" exist in the same thread, but not necessarily next to each other. Or a thread that has "homemade" but not "sewing." (Weird examples, I know, but you get the point. I don't have the brain power right now to come up with more clever examples.)
I think if you just use two words, that means AND. If you put quotes around them, then they should be together. Excluding words (not)... I don't know if that's an option? I'll try to read more as I have time and figure it out.
(10-16-2014, 11:18 PM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]I think if you just use two words, that means AND. If you put quotes around them, then they should be together. Excluding words (not)... I don't know if that's an option? I'll try to read more as I have time and figure it out.

You're right -- just putting the words means AND. I was making another mistake, which made something so simple turn into rocket science. [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!] Incidentally, I also discovered that OR works, which is wonderfully useful.

No hurry on NOT. Thanks for taking the time to reply on the other.