AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Manage Attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the User CP, in the Menu column on the left there is sub-category called "Manage Attachments." I'm not sure of its purpose. Do we have the ability to attach files to our posts? I have only seen people use links to outside sources for attachments (like google docs).

Gratefully,
(10-25-2014, 08:30 AM)Dawn Girl Wrote: [ -> ]On the User CP, in the Menu column on the left there is sub-category called "Manage Attachments." I'm not sure of its purpose. Do we have the ability to attach files to our posts? I have only seen people use links to outside sources for attachments (like google docs).

Gratefully,

No, you don't have the ability to have attachments on your posts, but Auxiliary/Advisory do. And, initially, we did have that as an option when we opened up the forum, but we quickly realized that server space would get pretty pricey if we started hosting everybody's attachment files. So, that is why it is there.
Melisa,

Thank you for letting me know that information. It makes a lot of sense. I will now stop trying to figure out how to do it through AO and choose an outside site.