AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: private forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i signed up to join 2 private forums, am wondering how I will know that I can post there?
(11-15-2014, 05:56 AM)nectarhill Wrote: [ -> ]i signed up to join 2 private forums, am wondering how I will know that I can post there?

When you can see the forum. If it takes more than a couple of days, do let us know. Sometimes mods are busy or away, and we'd hate to leave you waiting!
The mods who are in charge of that particular forum receive a notification when you request to join, but only when we're online. In other words, if we're offline we won't know that you asked to join until we visit the forum again. After the appropriate mod has approved your join request, you will be a member of that group and can post there. To check if you have been approved, click on User CP, then on Group Memberships (on the left, the place where you went to sign up for the group), you will see a listing of all the private forums we have. They should be divided up into Groups You Can Join and Groups You're a Member Of. If they are listed under Groups You're a Member Of, you can post there. If it's not yet listed, you haven't been approved yet and can't post.
(11-15-2014, 05:56 AM)nectarhill Wrote: [ -> ]i signed up to join 2 private forums, am wondering how I will know that I can post there?

You will see a new section show up called Private Groups when you have been approved. It will be between CM Study Hall and Ambleramble, I believe.