AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: An option to favorite a post or thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know the limitations of the bulletin board but is there an option available that can make it so we can favorite a post or thread and see those options in our User CP so we can go back to them later? That would make it much easier to keep track of those things that we might need in the future.
If there isn't, the suggestion I recently read was to save the link to whatever thread you want to find again, in your preferred Internet bookmark program.

Sent from my iPod Touch via Forum Runner
Yes you can, except it isn't called "Favoriting", it's called "Subscribing to a thread" and you can do it by going to the bottom left end of a thread and clicking on the tiny words "Subscribe to this thread".

Once subscribed, go to the top of the forum and in the grey bar click on the words "Thread subscriptions" and it'll take you to a list of all the threads you 'subscribed' to.

Another thing you can do is to change your settings to automatically subscribe to any threads you post to. You can do that by going to User CP > Edit Options

In Edit Options, you'll see under 'Messaging and Notification' a drop down box that says "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Click on the drop down menu and select either "No email notification" or "instant email notification". Either option will subscribe you to a forum. Instant email will additionally send you an email anytime there is a new post in the threads you post to. No email will not send you an email when there is a new post.

HTH!
(08-27-2012, 08:00 PM)NaomiG Wrote: [ -> ]Yes you can, except it isn't called "Favoriting", it's called "Subscribing to a thread" and you can do it by going to the bottom left end of a thread and clicking on the tiny words "Subscribe to this thread".

Once subscribed, go to the top of the forum and in the grey bar click on the words "Thread subscriptions" and it'll take you to a list of all the threads you 'subscribed' to.

Another thing you can do is to change your settings to automatically subscribe to any threads you post to. You can do that by going to User CP > Edit Options

In Edit Options, you'll see under 'Messaging and Notification' a drop down box that says "Default Thread Subscription Mode". Click on the drop down menu and select either "No email notification" or "instant email notification". Either option will subscribe you to a forum. Instant email will additionally send you an email anytime there is a new post in the threads you post to. No email will not send you an email when there is a new post.

HTH!

Oh, yeah, I didn't even think about the fact that the system saves what I've subscribed to (which I do know how to use) but then again I might like an idea from a thread I've read without wanting to subscribe to it. :) I'm also subscribed to certain forum's, too. I don't want emails from everything. So again, I was hoping there would be an option to favorite a post or thread.