AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Membership levels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is the difference between a junior member and a regular member?
Regular members can post in Hot Topics.
Membership levels are based on the number of times a person has posted.
What are "Hot Topics?"

Also What makes one a junior member versus a new member?
Hot topics is where people can discuss things that wouldn't be allowed elsewhere because it could open a can of worms and get heated. Controversial topics.

I think the magic number is 15 posts to move from one level to the next.
Well, I understand your thought process. However, I started a thread and now I can no longer read responses to it because it has been designated a "hot topic". That hardly seems fair or logical. Should I just go post 15 random threads so that I can read the responses? I have been member of AO for years and years...Perhaps you should consider making everyone who was enrolled when mem'ship was open only to AO email list members a <whatever you call a person who has full mem'ship rights>.
I can't even see the category "hot topics". Does it become visible once you are a regular member?
I think its "new", then junior, then regular. If you join the special groups, such as foster/adoptive, then that can show up instead, if you want it to, but changing it in your user cp.

Yes, hot topics shows up after you become a regular poster. Amble Ramble as a whole doesn't show up immediately either, since the focus for new members is on the curriculum itself, not all the extra stuff.

I understand what you are saying, My3sons, but that would be an epic, if not impossible task. Once everyone is here and settled in, these things won't be issues anymore and "new" will actually mean new :)
(09-21-2012, 04:24 AM)Ruth Wrote: [ -> ]I can't even see the category "hot topics". Does it become visible once you are a regular member?

I think you can view the hot topics once you become a junior member, but you can't actually post there until you become a regular member.
If I can't find a thread I read a while ago (and did not post about but have been praying for the mom and dd) should I assume it became a hot topic?
Pages: 1 2