AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: No signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have accessed my "CP" and added the signature I want added to my posts and checked the boxes (I believe) that say 'enable signature to all posts', but my posts still don't have my signature in them. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks,
~Raya
I have no idea. I went in as "Admin" and clicked the "enable signature" button and "save" in your profile three times, and every time I go back, it's not checked. It's as if it's not saving that preference. Maybe Phyllis will have more luck figuring out why this isn't working.
I thought I was going crazy trying to figure that out, but I finally got it. :)
I see this now:

Apply thine heart unto instruction, and thine ears to the words of knowledge." Proverbs 23:12
(09-01-2012, 12:26 AM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I was going crazy trying to figure that out, but I finally got it. :)

What was it? What did I miss?
Some of the special groups were set not to allow sigs.
(09-01-2012, 10:17 PM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]Some of the special groups were set not to allow sigs.

Would a Special Group override a person's settings for other groups? Meaning, if the Special Needs private groups and Regular members allowed signatures, but the Gifted group didn't, then a member who was in all three groups wouldn't be able to display a signature because one group had that disabled?
I think not, but in this case Raya was trying to set LD as her display group, and that was the one that wasn't allowing it. That seems to be what was keeping her sig from showing. Others in the LD group have sigs, but they don't have LD set as their display group. The plot thickens more, because LD can't be set as a display group, so it's not showing as hers, but it is set that way in her profile.
OK. It is a bit complicated but it makes perfect sense.
Wow, looks like I created a mess. Lol. I don't know how, nor did I mean to set LD as my display group. Did you fix that? Or can I change that? And what does a 'display group' do for me anyway?

Thanks for looking in to it you hard working aux. members! Much appreciated!

~Raya
Pages: 1 2