AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Another New Subforum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if there was a possibility of having a new Subforum area similar to the AO International - but for people wanting to discuss modifications due to religion.

It could have a few standard threads (like in the Math area for the curriculums)...

ie -

Catholic
LDS
Jewish
other????

It just seems more specific than the general book substitutions forum....

Just a thought...
If seem to remember the moderators discussing that a few weeks ago and deciding not to do that in the beginning, but it is a possibility. Hopefully an advisory or auxiliary member will have time to look back and answer that for you soon.
The Adv/Aux has no plans to add religious fora at this time. I believe that there are already active yahoo groups for some of these suggestions if you wish to explore those, Heather. :)

Thanks for the suggestion though. Keep 'em coming!
Yeah, I knew there was yahoo groups for some of those (well, the LDS one is general CM, not specific to AO) - but then there are also yahoo groups for some locations as well (Canada has one... - again general CM)...

I would have liked one... but I also understand why not... :) Can't hurt to ask!
(09-01-2012, 09:00 AM)suzukimom Wrote: [ -> ]Can't hurt to ask!

Too right. We don't know what people are looking for if you don't ask! [cheesy grin]
We considered subforums for religious groups, but decided that could get sticky.
(09-01-2012, 12:26 PM)LeslieNoelani Wrote: [ -> ]We considered subforums for religious groups, but decided that could get sticky.

Yeah... I know... that was part of the "I understand why not".... I don't think it would likely get sticky - but the potential is there. Of course it could be a private subforum too... but I'm also not sure how much activity there would be...