AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Family Dynamics Forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why isn't there a 'General' category in the 'Family' section? Or am I just not seeing it?! I have some questions I'd like to ask regarding multi-generational living (we are trying it out living with my MIL for a year) and using AO. In particular, trying to make our lifestyle, as informed by our schooling choices, understood.

I don't have an only child; I'm not a single parent; I have multiple kids, but not a large family; and both big boys are doing Year 1, so I'm not juggling several years at once.

Any thoughts? Where do discussions about Family and AO go when they do not fit the sub-categories?

Thanks for all you do, mods and admin. This forum is great!
Yup, missed that situation, didn't they? LOL The thing about the forum seems to be that you can't have threads under a forum if there are subforums there. So a general subforum would need to be created...or you can ask under general Q&A or chit-chat as well, for now. (This is my opinion only - I don't moderate this section)
I was just thinking there needs to be a parenting section.
(09-02-2012, 10:47 AM)BabyBums Wrote: [ -> ]I was just thinking there needs to be a parenting section.

Totally agree!! When people ask me how our homschooling goes, I always say something like this, "Schooling part (the academics) is fine, but parenting is very very hard!".
Unfortunately, parenting styles can be a very hot topic. We'd have to be careful about that. General family discussion sounds like a good idea to me. We can discuss it. For now, like Laura said, ask your family questions in General Q and A if they're AO related or in Chit-Chat if they're not.
Lol! Maybe put parenting under hot topics.... I could see how it could get ugly, hperscheduling vs AP. spanking vs not spanking.
Oh, yes, I hadn't thought of that. You are right, it could get touchy. Thanks for explaining.