AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Suggestion regarding Special Needs private group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I have a sugestion regarding the wording in the description of the LD/Special Needs private group.

In the "Gifted" group, the description reads:

"A private group for parents dealing with the often misunderstood issues of raising and homeschooling gifted children; for the sake of member privacy, inclusion into this group requires that you introduce yourself to the group within a week of being approved."

However, in the "LD/Special Needs" group, the description simply reads:

"A private group for parents with children who have special needs from learning issues to physical challenges."

As a parent of a child with quadriplegia cerebral palsy (whch brings a host of phsyical and medical challenges), I humbly suggest that

"for the sake of member privacy, inclusion into this group requires that you introduce yourself to the group within a week of being approved." be added to the Special Needs group also.

I would feel a lot more comfortable sharing our experiences in this particular field of homeschooling (I have four non-disabled children also) knowing that people are expected to introduce themselves, and not just lurk.

Thank you for considering this request. :)
I think that's a good idea. We've been letting group Moderators set those kinds of guidelines for their own groups; the Moderator of the Gifted group thought of it first and the Special Needs group moderator probably hasn't yet. I'll talk to the Special Needs moderators about changing the wording, but inside the subforum, it will be up to the subforum moderators to work out the rest.