AmblesideOnline Forums

Full Version: Original Date of Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to add the date a thread was written along with its title and author in the summary screen of the individual forums? I don't know if this is a something others might like, but I have often found myself desiring for the date to be there. I know if I open the thread, I can see the date.
I'm not sure I understand where you're talking about adding it?
Somewhere on the thread's title, when it is in a list of threads, so that you can see if it is a new thread on a subject, or an old one that someone only recently posted on.

On a list of threads, there are columns: Title, Forum, Replies, Views, Last post. Another column could be added to show Date Posted, or something like that.

This is also something I've looked for now and then when reading through a list of threads, and wondered if this was an old topic that someone "resurrected" or something new.
I think it's a great idea, dawn girl, if it's not too hard to do. Phyllis, I'm thinking next to the name of the thread starter would make sense.

Eg

Original Date of Thread
Dawn girl 05/26/2015

Although if it could be done without American dating (eg 26 May 2015) that would be even better ;)
I think this used to be visible, before the latest forum update. I remember thinking that I missed having that information, too. It's certainly not critical, but it helps my Type A brain.  [Oopsies! I'm so embarrassed!]
Thank you for helping explain what I meant.

Here is a picture of what I was trying to communicate.

[Image: Add%20Dates_zpsegjkhcjf.png]
Thank you. The picture shows it perfectly. Now I understand. I can do something like that, with a good bit of tinkering around. The question is: when will I find time?

As far as date format, you do have choices for that in your UserCP. Take a look at Edit Options in there, if you haven't already. :)
(05-28-2015, 11:39 PM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. The picture shows it perfectly. Now I understand. I can do something like that, with a good bit of tinkering around. The question is: when will I find time?

As far as date format, you do have choices for that in your UserCP. Take a look at Edit Options in there, if you haven't already. :)

Wait until I do this next update. I would hate for you do a lot of work and the update wipe it out or something weird like that. I should be doing it pretty quickly.
(05-28-2015, 11:39 PM)Phyllis Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you. The picture shows it perfectly. Now I understand. I can do something like that, with a good bit of tinkering around. The question is: when will I find time?

Oh, I never thought of that. Thanks!

Sent from my GT-S5300 using Tapatalk 2